A wonderful Georgian residence built in 1750 sitting on a peaceful setting of approximately 2.23ha (5.5 acres) overlooking the River Shannon, tastefully extended and refurbished in 2006 to an extremely high standard incorporating contemporary living with the charm of this Georgian house.
Built in 1750, the original house was renovated and substantially extended by its current owners in 2006. A gravelled driveway passes the original gate lodge (sympathetically restored to its former glory), leading to the front and rear courtyards. Entering via the original hall, the house comprises a formal dining room to your right, with a drawing room and music room to the left. A parquet wood floor descends to the lower level, past the laundry to the master suite. On the ground and upper levels there are a further three bedrooms, each of them as generous as the last. The main bathroom sits at the centre of the upper level, and is complete with the highest quality Porcelanosa ceramics, fittings and faucets. A half-landing provides both a reading space and a seamless corridor to the extended portion of the house.
Utilizing the most advanced materials and building techniques, the current owner's, and their architect have created an open-plan living space unlike any other. The professional-standard Gaggenau fitted kitchen is complete with wall-mounted convection ovens, barista and a Varenna island workstation. During the day, natural light pours from a fully retractable wall of French doors - while at night, programable mood lighting can be controlled via the nearest device to hand. The Crestron Home Automation system extends to the underfloor heating, security and multi-room audio playback.
A home gym, wet-room, steam-room and studio are accessible beyond the media centre, with an additional pantry/utility from the kitchen.
GARDENS AND OUTBUILDINGS
For those with a penchant for cars, a cut stone building houses a three-bay garage to the rear. The gardens and lawns provide shelter and privacy with mature trees, lawns and shrubbery enclosing the 5.5-acre site. A tennis court leads from the lawns by the fenced paddocks. A southerly patio area provides a summer entertainment area, opening into the main house via folding French doors. A covered car port is currently used to store a variety of vehicles, boats, and garden machinery.