In Tuscany, in the heart of Chianti Classico, not far from Castellina in Chianti, we find this wine estate with 10.7 ha of vineyards, wine cellar and Agriturismo. The property boasts several buildings with bedrooms for the guests and a 15 × 8 m swimming pool. The estate can produce up to 100,000 bottles of excellent wines (Chianti Classico DOCG and SuperTuscan IGT).The property is within easy reach of the most beautiful villages and towns in Tuscany like, for example, Siena (27km), Greve in Chianti (28km), San Gimignano (28km), Volterra (43km) and Florence (49km).
Firenze Vespucci airport is approx. one hour away, while Pisa Galilei airport and Perugia San Francesco airport can be reached in about one hour and forty minutes.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The manor house developed around the old watchtower, has a total surface of 305 sqm and is laid out on two levels, plus the tower, composed as follows.
- Ground floor: kitchen with pantry, laundry room and utility room, dining room and sitting room with a big fireplace, half bath.
- First floor: three bedrooms with en suite bathroom, manor suite with bedroom, walk-in closet and bathroom. - Second floor (tower): four bedrooms, which could be converted into a B&B.
In addition to the owner’s house and the employees’ house of 75 sqm, this building includes three holiday apartments, each of 75 sqm, a wine cellar of 50 sqm, a boiler room of 20 sqm and a basement room of 12 sqm.
The stone cottage includes two holiday apartments. The apartment N°1 (55 sqm) is made up of living room, kitchenette, double bedroom, bathroom and private outside area. The apartment N°2 (100 sqm) is laid out on two levels, composed as follows.
- Ground floor: dining-living room, kitchenette, double bedroom, twin bedroom and bathroom. Private outside area.
- First floor: double bedroom and bathroom.
The barn includes two holiday apartments, too. The apartment N°3 (55 sqm) is made up of living room, kitchenette, double bedroom and bathroom and is fitted with a private outdoor area. The apartment N°4 (85 sqm) is made up of dining/living area with kitchenette, double bedroom, twin bedroom and bathroom and is fitted with a private outdoor area too.
Under the barn there is the 40 sqm cellar for wine aging and storage.
Moreover, the property includes a wooden and masonry building of 300 sqm and a former masonry electrical room, which is currently being used as vinsantaia.
STATE AND FINISHES
All the apartments have been restored in traditional style and are in excellent condition.
The property has a wide range of machining equipment.
The property boasts a wonderful 15 × 8 m pool.
The wine estate, an agricultural Ltd., includes 21.0 ha of land, of which 10.7 ha of vineyard (including 2.3 ha newly planted in 2015).
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
- Surface: 10.7 hectares
- Varieties: Sangiovese (75%), Merlot (13%), Canaiolo (8%) e Petit Verdot (4%)
- Density of planting: 5,545 vines / ha
- Year of planting: 1971 – 2012
- Distance of vines: 0.80 × 2.50 m
- Yearly production: up to 730 hl (equivalent to 100,000 bottles)
- Workers: 1 employee with open-ended contract + seasonal workers
PRODUCED WINES AND QUANTITIES
- Chianti Classico DOCG: 39,000 bottles
- Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva: 18,000 bottles
- SuperTuscan IGT: 3,000 bottles
- Rosso Toscano IGT: 40,000 bottles
DETAILS ON OIL PRODUCTION
- Surface: 2.1 hectares (600 trees)
- Cultivars: Frantoio, Moraiolo and Pendolino
- Yearly production: 9.5 hl
- Price (per liter): 11.00 – 12.00 €