In the vicinity of Monterotondo Marittimo, not far from Grosseto, 37.5-ha wine estate with IGP olive grove. The property offers a fully functional wine cellar, capable of producing up to 45,000 bottles of IGT and DOC wine per year, two apartments (190 sqm) and several agricultural annexes. The land is divided into vineyards (12.5 ha), olive grove (3,000 trees) and arable land (13.0) planted with grain.
Easily reached and in an excellent position, this estate is close to a town (8km; 10’) where one can find all the basic services. Other cities of Tuscany are easily reached (Volterra, Monteriggioni, Siena, Florence, Montalcino, Montepulciano…). The Tuscan Coast is just 50 km away.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The main building (410 sqm – 4,412 sqft) includes a vinification cellar on the ground floor (180 sqm – 1,937 sqft), a kitchen and several storage rooms (40 sqm – 430 sqft). On the first floor there are two apartments (130 sqm and 60 sqm – 1,399 sqft and 646 sqft) both fitted with nice and spacious terraces (100 sqm and 30 sqm – 1,076 sqft and 323 sqft).
In a partially underground there is a cellar for the barriques (200 sqm – 2,152 sqft).
There are also a garage for the tractors (300 sqm – 3,228 sqft) and several annexes for a total of ca. 60 sqm (646 sqft).
The property is surrounded by 37.5 hectares of land, of which 12.5 covered in IGT and DOC vineyards. The property also features an ample IGP olive grove (half of which with intensive regime) with roughly 3,000 trees (Leccio del corno, Leccino, Moraiolo and Frantoio varieties).
A good part of the arable land (13.0 ha) has been recently recovered to produce grain which is then used to produce typical Tuscan pasta.
The remaining land is covered in mixed woodland and grazing land and includes a private water basin usable as an irrigation source.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
- Vineyard surface: 12.5 hectares
- Varieties: Sangiovese (40%), Syrah (16%), Vermentino (12%), Marsanne (8%), Roussanne (8%), Merlot (8%), Chardonnay (4%) e Cabernet Sauvignon (4%)
- Average altitude: 100 m
- Density of planting: 3,300 – 5,000 vines / ha
- Training: Guyot, pruned-spur cordon
- Terrain composition: calcareous
- Yearly production: up to 40,000 bottles
- Maremma Toscana DOC Rosso: Sangiovese, Syrah, Merlot
- Maremma Toscana DOC Bianco: Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Traminer
- Costa Toscana IGT Rosso: Sangiovese
- Costa Toscana IGT Rosso: Merlot
- Costa Toscana IGT Bianco: Syrah
- Toscana Bianco IGT: Vermentino
- Toscana Bianco IGT: Marsanne, Roussanne
- Toscana Rosé IGT: Sangiovese, Syrah
USE AND POTENZIAL USES
The business is well-established and at full regime and allows for production of ca. 35.000 – 40.000 bottles of wine per year. Le cellars are in excellent shape and the two apartments can be used as the owners see fit: it could be a private residence for themselves, an accommodation for external or seasonal workers or they can alternatively be rented out to tourists and/or guests.
The presence of a water basin grants a constant presence of water, so that fields can be irrigated even in the hottest seasons.