Not far from Florence, at the foot of Pratomagno and with a nice 360° view over the Valdarno and the Chianti Hills, beautiful Agriturismo with pool and olive grove.
In a reserved but not-too-isolated location, close to all the necessary services available in the nearby town (4km; 10’), this Agriturismo with pool is perfect if one is looking forward to visiting the most known cities of Tuscany: Montevarchi (16km; 25’), Greve in Chianti (33km; 50’), Arezzo (46km; 45’), the Renaissance Florence (54km; 1h), Castiglion Fiorentino (63km; 1h), the medieval Siena (65km; 1h 15’) and the wine towns of Montepulciano (78km; 1h 10’) and Montalcino (105km; 1h 45’).
Closest airports are Firenze Peretola (72km; 1h), Perugia Sant’Egidio (128km; 1h 30’), Pisa Galilei (134km; 1h 40’), Bologna Marconi (155km; 1h 45’), Ancona Falconara (233km; 2h 40’), Roma Ciampino (256km; 2h 30’) and Roma Fiumicino (271km; 2h 40’).
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The main farmhouse (360 sqm – 3,874 sqft) hosts a common area (62 sqm – 667 sqft) used as a reception for the business and 5 independent apartments fitted with all the necessary comforts.
- Apartment N°1 (47 sqm – 506 sqft): ground floor, south-east side of the building, boasts a private terrace before the entrance with view over the Valdarno and a small private garden. On the inside we find a living room with kitchenette and double sofa bed and a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Apartment N°2 (76 sqm – 818 sqft): ground floor, eastern side fitted with a private garden. On the inside we find a central living room with double sofa bed, a kitchen a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Apartment N°3 (41 sqm – 441 sqft): on two levels, northern side of the building. On the ground floor we can find living room with sofa bed, while on the first floor there is the double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. The window of the bedroom offers a stunning panoramic view over Pratomagno and the pool of the property. On the outside, the apartment is fitted with a private garden.
The apartments N°4 and N°5 have both independent access onto a shared atrium.
- Apartment N°4 (50 sqm – 538 sqft): first floor, southern side of the building. The apartment shares a small atrium with apartment N°6. It is made up of a corridor leading to the bathroom and the living room/kitchen. The living room is equipped with a double sofa bed. From here one can get access to the double bedroom.
- Apartment N°5 (84 sqm – 904 sqft): first floor, northern and southern side of the building. From the atrium shared with apartment N°5 one can get access to the corridor leading to all the rooms of the apartment: a living room/kitchen, two double bedrooms and a bathroom with tub and double handbasin.
In a dependance (70 sqm – 753 sqft) we can find the last apartment, obtained through the conversion of the old barn of the property. Laid out onto two floors, we can find a kitchen and a dining room on the ground floor and a bedroom and a bathroom on the first floor. On the outside there is a beautiful stone terrace with an incredible view over the Valdarno and the private garden of the dependance.
STATE AND FINISHES
The building are pretty old: the date 1774 engraved on several stones of the buildings marks the year the property became part of the current municipality and not the year of construction which much earlier. The buildings (farmhouse and barn) have been carefully restored and reorganized into independent apartments without losing the typical traits of the Tuscan countryside buildings: here we find stone walls (mainly on the outside), wooden beams, terracotta floors, brick-built arches and stone fireplaces.
The property (fitted with an organic certification) is made up of a 13-hectare piece of land including 1,800 plants (currently approx. 1,200 are fully productive) allowing the production of 1,100 liters of organic extra virgin olive oil (this amount could easily be increased by fully exploiting the grove).
The land also includes several small private gardens for the apartments and a beautiful 13.6 x 5 m swimming pool reserved for guests of the structure.
USE AND POTENTIAL USES
The property, given its internal division into independent apartments, is currently run as a hosting business, thanks also to its reserved location not far from basic services.
Potentially, it is also possible to use the building as a private residence, leaving some rooms empty in case of guests.
By opening two doors in the existing walls, it would be possible to obtain a single ampler villa.