A short distance from the medieval hamlet of San Gimignano, this beautiful 73.3 ha estate hosts a state-of-the-art accommodation business with residence and holiday house for a total of 31 bedrooms for guests. Ample outdoor spaces, including a vineyard and an olive grove, allow taking part in numerous activities such as horse riding, trekking and mountain bikes, while also offering the perfect background for events and ceremonies.
Easily reached via the municipal road network, the estate has all the necessary services available in a nearby town (7km; 10’) and allows easily moving throughout the whole Tuscany with its wonders: the turreted San Gimignano, the Etruscan Volterra, Colle Val d’Elsa, the medieval Siena, Greve in Chianti, Pisa with its leaning tower, the Renaissant town of Florence, Lucca with its forti-fication and the harbor of Livorno.
The most useful airports to reach the property are Firenze Vespucci, Pisa Galilei, Grosseto Baccarini, Bologna Marconi, Roma Ciampino and Roma Fiumicino.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The first core includes three buildings dating back to the end of the 19th century, formerly including the master farmhouse, the stables, the cellar, the barn and the pigsty. They have been finely and attentively restored, keeping the original look unchanged. Façades are made out of stone and masonry, while roofs are made out of wood and covered with old tiles.
Building A (554 sqm – 5,963 sqft gross) is laid out onto two above-ground floors:
- Ground floor: entrance hall, dining room, event room, services and kitchen;
- First floor: four bedrooms with en-suite bathroom, office, closet, dressing room and three bathrooms.
Building B (190 sqm – 2,045 sqft gross) was once a barn and is laid out onto two floors, each of which hosts an independent apartment
- Apartment N°1: living room with open-space kitchen, closet, two bedrooms and bath-room;
- Apartment N°2: living room with open-space kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom.
Building C (133 sqm – 1,432 sqft gross) was once a pigsty has is laid out onto a floor plus a mezzanine floor. It hosts two independent units:
- Unit N°1: kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and loft;
- Unit N°2: kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and loft.
The second core, conversely, has been recently built and is entirely used for the hosting business. Buildings E/F have a supporting structure made out of reinforced concrete and wooden roofs cov-ered in old tiles. Terraces and porticos are paved in terracotta, as well as the apartments. Finishes are high-quality throughout, with bathrooms paved in marble and high-quality furniture.
Building D (256 sqm – 2,755 sqft gross) includes the necessary services for the accommodation business and is laid out onto two floors:
- Basement: laundry room, storage room, pantry, two closets and boiler room;
- Ground floor: reception, bathroom, kitchen and breakfast room.
Building E (779 sqm – 8,382 sqft gross) is currently used as a holiday resort and is made up of several terraced houses split into eight apartments:
- Apartment N°3 (tower on three floors, 105 sqm – 1,130 sqft): living room with sofa-bed, kitchen, double bedroom, twin bedroom and two bathrooms (one with shower, the other with whirlwind tub).
- Apartment N°4 (ground floor, 72 sqm – 775 sqft): living room with sofa-bed, kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom with shower;
- Apartment N°5 (ground floor, 81 sqm – 872 sqft): living room with sofa-bed, kitchen, bedroom, twin bedroom and two bathroom (one with shower, the other with whirl-wind tub);
- Apartment N°6 (ground floor, 75 sqm – 807 sqft): living room with sofa-bed, kitchen, bedroom, twin bedroom and bathroom with shower;
- Apartment N°7 (ground floor, 73 sqm – 786 sqft): living room with sofa-bed, kitchen, bedroom, twin bedroom and bathroom with shower;
- Apartment N°8 (first floor, 82 sqm – 882 sqft): living room with sofa-bed, kitchen, two bedrooms, triple bedroom and bathroom with shower;
- Apartment N°9 (first floor, 70 sqm – 753 sqft): living room with sofa-bed, kitchen, bedroom, twin bedroom and bathroom with shower;
- Apartment N°10 (first floor, 78 sqm – 839 sqft): living room with sofa-bed, kitchen, bedroom, twin bedroom and bathroom with shower.
Building F (188 sqm – 2,023 sqft gross) is an independent building on two floors housing two more apartments:
- Apartment N°11 (ground floor, 75 sqm – 807 sqft): living room with sofa-bed, kitchen, double bedroom, twin bedroom and bathroom with shower;
- Apartment N°12 (first floor, 82 sqm – 883 sqft): living room with sofa-bed, kitchen, dou-ble bedroom, twin bedroom and bathroom with shower.
The property covers 73.3 hectares of land, irrigated thanks to two lakes connected through several pumps. As far as repartition is concerned, we have vineyard (2.5 ha), olive grove (4.1 ha), arable land (16.6 ha, partly used as garden) and woodland (50.1 ha). The whole estate falls inside a wildlife hunting reserve.
Next to the first core is located an ample parking lot, particularly useful in case of events and cer-emonies with many guests invited. Midway between the two cores there is a fountain obtained from a pre-existing and no longer used pool, while the current swimming pool is located slightly downhill. Around the building a garden has been landscaped, crossed by hedges and “Impruneta” terracotta walkways.
The whole complex is enclosed by a stone and masonry wall with wrought-iron fencing on top.
USE AND POTENTIAL USES
The property is perfect for anyone looking for a well-started and renowned hosting business. Am-ple spaces (both indoor and outdoor) allow hosting events such as weddings and conferences. It is also possible for the owners to keep one of the buildings for themselves so to live in contact with the business.
The land included in the property allows producing wine and oil, which could be used in meals for the guests or, alternatively, sold for a further income.