Set in the heart of the Stellenbosch Winelands enviably located in one of the world's important wine producing regions, the estate is only 20 minutes from Cape Town International Airport, 10 minutes from Stellenbosch and Somerset West and 30 minutes from Central Cape Town. The historic Stellenbosch town, Stellenbosch University, top schools, wine farms and vibrant local culinary scene is on the doorstep and several world-class golf courses are in close proximity, as well as a multitude of hiking, running and mountain biking trails.
Ideally placed in picturesque Stellenbosch. The ± 33-hectare estate set in the Stellenbosch hills, surrounded by award-winning vineyards, with 22 ha planted to 9 different varietals, of which the majority are Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay and Pinotage.
The prestigious estate produces gold medal wines. Another ± 7 ha arable land and 2 ha given over to the gardens surrounding the homestead. There is a "vlei" and an oak copse alongside the Eerste River, which borders the property on the west boundary.
The impressive estate is home to the original Cape Dutch manor house, dating back some 100 years. The property comprises a homestead/guesthouse, a cottage, 4 worker's cottages, a barrel cellar and farm buildings.
The homestead has been sympathetically remodelled and expertly styled. Currently a 4-star rated guesthouse available for short stays, the resplendent refurbished interiors and idyllic, lush garden and swimming pool invites an effortless lifestyle surrounded by beauty.
• Cape Dutch homestead/guesthouse with idyllic gardens & swimming pool
• 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms
• A large farmhouse style kitchen with an original aga and large breakfast area
• A substantial lounge/dining room with southwest facing stoep
• A family room leading onto another protected stoep facing north-west
• 1-bedroom cottage
• Barn, sheds & garages
• Barrel cellar
• Workers cottages
3 active sources of water and a fourth which could be activated.
• Theewaterskloof. This is restricted in times of drought or shortage
• Pumping rights to take water from the Eerste River. This can also be restricted.
• Borehole which can be used for agricultural purposes.
• There is the further possibility of reactivating 2 dams on the north-east edge of the farm
Winemaking & Production
These wines are now made through long term arrangements with 2 different wineries under the control of the estate's winemaker. A core team look after the vineyards throughout the year. The vineyard manager lives on the estate, in one of the workers cottages, and runs the farming operations day-to day.
Gold medal wines. The current wine range includes White Gold (Chardonnay Semillion), Sable (Shiraz), Directors Reserve (Cabernet Merlot), Testarossa (Sangiovese) and Redridge Pinotage. Over 100 000 bottles produced and sold annually in the export market.