The original granary of the Cetinale estate near Siena.
On the edge of this famous Tuscan estate ca. 15 km to Siena and built around 1680 for Pope Alexander VII. The property measures ca. 335 sq.m with an annexe and ca. 1.36 Ha of beautiful terraced olive groves and flat land, ideal for horses.On 2 floors and with 3 entrances, the property was originally the granary on the upper floor and the olive mill on the ground floor with the threshing floor as a patio leading to the upper floor entrance.As the entire village is Listed, the Granary and all the buildings have been restored simply and carefully maintaining the originality of the estate. Since 1994 the bathrooms have been restored and where possible all the original materials have been recuperated.The terraced olive groves below have also been preserved with impressive dry-stone walls restored in their unusual but original, curved forms. There are approx. 160 trees.GPL gas tank.The water supply is mains via the estate.Energy Classification: G, Performance Index: 206.04 kWh sq.m per annum.
Just 20 kms to Siena and 3 kms to Sovicille, the property looks south- westwards over olive groves and fields. The village is accessed by a short dirt road.All distances approximate.