This charismatic +/-350m² historically significant 5 bedroom, 5 en suite bathroom home is located on a quiet cul de sac in "Old Plett" in a pretty garden. Old Plett is one of the highest value areas in Plettenberg Bay due to the high demand for the area. Situated between the CBD and the ocean, the house was originally part of the Anglican Church property and was built in 1855 by none other than Billy Jones, the schoolmaster and colourful historic figure. It was originally known as Formosa Cottage. Jones leased the property and later converted it into an inn called The Van Plettenberg Arms. He was reprimanded by the Church at one point for impinging on his lease for running a pub on the premises. In 1897 the Church allowed him to purchase the property. Today this generous property has all modern conveniences and has been renovated in part, but retains its "old world" charm. There are excellent views of the Indian Ocean, Lookout Beach, Central Beach, the Tsitsikamma Mountains and across the bay towards Robberg. Most of the rooms lead out onto patios that make the most of these views. Special features include a spacious open plan kitchen and dining room, two covered outdoor dining areas on either side of the house, a lounge, living room, TV room, swimming pool, hot water outside shower, double garage and good security measures.