Beautifully located among the vineyards and a short distance from the medieval town of San Gimignano, 4.5-ha estate with renovated manor villa currently running as luxury resort. The estate is easily reached and is provided with all the necessary services by the nearby town of San Gimignano (5km; 10’), whose beautiful and unique towers can be seen from the property. The locations is also convenient if one wants to move around Tuscany, visiting its most beautiful and renowned centers: Colle di Val d’Elsa (10km; 15’) known worldwide for glassware, Monteriggioni and its untouched ramparts (21km; 30’), the Etruscan town of Volterra (32km; 40’), the beautiful medieval town of Siena (37km; 40’), Florence (52km; 1h) cradle of the Renaissance, Bolgheri with its exceptional SuperTuscan wines (73km; 1h 30’) and Montalcino with its Brunello (75km; 1h 20’), Pisa (80km; 1h 20’) and its famous leaning tower, the papal town of Pienza (88km; 1h 30’), the beautiful sea of Follonica (93km; 1h 40’) and Lucca with its peculiar oval-shaped square and the imposing fortifications (123km; 1h 30’). The most convenient airports to reach the property are Firenze Peretola (63km; 50’), Pisa Galilei (77km; 1h 15’), Bologna Marconi (144km; 1h 40’), Perugia Sant’Egidio (151km; 1h 50’), Roma Ciampino (279km; 3h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (294km; 3h), Milano Linate (341km; 3h 25’) and Milano Malpensa (394km; 4h). DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDING The villa, result of the renovation operated on a beautiful historic mansion nowadays converted into a luxury resort, is made up of a manorial residence (28 bedrooms and 21 bathrooms) plus a guesthouse (3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms). All the apartments have been restored according to the typical Tuscan style. - Apartment N°1: living room, dining area with kitchenette, two double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet, bedroom and bathroom, terrace and private garden; - Apartment N°2 (on two floors): living room with kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom, studio, double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet; the private portico is equipped with furniture; - Apartment N°3: living room with kitchenette and fireplace, three double bedrooms, two bathrooms and terrace; - Apartment N°4: living room with fireplace, dining room with kitchenette, studio, three double bedrooms, single bedroom (gallery) and three bathrooms; - Apartment N°5: living room with kitchenette, two double bedrooms and two bathrooms; - Apartment N°6: entrance hall, living room with kitchenette, two double bedrooms (one of which on the upper floor) and two bathrooms; - Apartment N°7: living/dining room with kitchenette, double bedroom and bathroom; - Apartment N°8: living room, dining room with kitchenette, four double bedrooms (one of which on the upper floor) and two bathrooms; - Apartment N°9: living room with kitchenette, three bedrooms (one of which on the upper floor) and two bathrooms; - Apartment N°10: living/dining room with kitchen and fireplace, three double bedrooms, single bedroom and two bathrooms. The guesthouse (3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) hosts the apartment N°11, made up of living room with kitchenette and fireplace, three double bedrooms and two bathrooms. The building also boasts a private garden for the guests. Other than the apartment, the property includes a restaurant hall with professional kitchen, pantry and services, built in the underground floor in those rooms once used as cellars. On the outside we can find a nice old-brick pergola for the guests. The remaining surface of the building is split among technical rooms and storage rooms, plus a working laundry for the guests. The whole building is surrounded by Tuscan-terracotta-paved walkways, terraces and aprons. HISTORY OF THE PROPERTY, STATE AND FINISHES The property, located not far from San Gimignano, is first mentioned in documents dating back to the beginning of the 14th century: the history of the complex is linked to the nearby villa, once property of a noble Tuscan family. The building at the heart of the property was originally built as a watchtower. The whole podere was bought by another rich Florentine family in 1410 and in their hands remained until a series of bad financial decisions forced the family to alienate a good part of their belongings to the Archbishop of Pisa. In 1867, the wedding of one of the archbishop’s heir with a member of the Savoy family brought the villa into the hands of the royal family. Savoy kept possession of the villa until 1946 (when they were exiled after the results of the Italian Referendum) and after that the building ended up in the hands of a countess. At the end of the 1990s the villa, after decades of neglect, was bought by current owners who, with a carefully-carried-out renovation, brought the buildings back to their original glory. EXTERNAL AREA The estate covers approximately 4.5 hectares, partially covered by woodland while the remaining surface is divided among arable and grazing land. An olive grove (approx. 150 trees) allows producing an excellent olive oil which is then used in the preparation of meals for the guests. Not far from the complex is located the 16 x 8 m swimming pool, paved in mosaic tiles and surrounded by a solarium in Izzalini stone (often called Pietra di Todi) reserved for the guests of the property. The garden hosts an ample pergola which is used during summer for al fresco dinners, as an alternative to the indoor restaurant. USE AND POTENTIAL USES The property has been finely renovated by the current owners is currently run as an accommodation business thanks to the many bedrooms available and the restaurant. The proximity to the most interesting centers of Tuscany is another strong point of a property which allows easily reaching cities like Florence, Siena, Lucca and Pisa in no more than a hour and a half of travel.