Virtual tour video available on request
Set on a magnificent 3866m² of level land with glorious views in a cul-de-sac in a leafy neighbourhood in Constantia Upper, this warm, characterful country-style home is great for family living. The veranda enjoys the scenic surroundings of the lush garden with pond features and stunning mountain views. This versatile property has the ideal accommodation for the growing family as well income-generating opportunity with a separate two-bedroomed cottage fully contained with kitchenette, scullery and lounge and study and a full contained one-bedroomed flatlet with kitchenette, lounge and balcony above the garages. Bonus: Copious borehole water and the option to exercise the municipality approved sub-division.
• La Cotta tiled entrance hall with built-in desk.
• Double glass door to lounge and dining room. Dining room with La Cotta tiled floor. Retractable sliding doors to lounge. Morso wood-burning fireplace.
• Spacious lounge with French doors to the undercover veranda. La Cotta tiled floor, close combustion glass-fronted fireplace and built-in shelving.
• Step down to study with built-in cupboards. Sloping wood ceiling with skylights and sunblinds. Linked to the breakfast room and kitchen. Access to the guest suite.
Kitchen: country style eat-in kitchen
• Country style with built-in cupboards.
• Breakfast room with door to courtyard.
• Walk-in pantry.
• Glass hob with stainless steel extractor fan.
• French doors to courtyard.
• Separate laundry room with stainless steel basin, access to ironing room/storeroom and access to a double garage.
Bedrooms and bathrooms:
• Guest room in a separate wing, carpeted. French doors to private patio. Full en-suite with vanity.
• Main bedroom with entry built-in cupboards and bay window with sitting area. Separate dressing room. Full en-suite with vanity, shower, bath, toilet and bidet. French doors to the undercover veranda.
• Bedroom two with built-in cupboards.
• Bedroom four option studio/workroom with French doors to garden, built-in cupboards and built-in shelving. Can extend to add on an en-suite bathroom.
• Shower suite serves two bedrooms.
• Linen cupboards in the main bedroom wing.
Separate cottage and flatlet: income-generating
Flatlet: Above the garages
• Deep easy climbing stairs alongside the garage to access the flatlet.
• Carpeted lounge with sliders to wooden balcony.
• Galley-style kitchen with large hatch to lounge. Space for fridge/freezer and washing machine.
• 4-plate electric stove with extractor fan.
• Full en-suite bedroom with built-in cupboards.
• Full bathroom with bath, shower, vanity, toilet.
Self-contained single-storey garden cottage: approx. 110m²
• Living room open-plan to dining area with French doors to back patio. Wood-burning fireplace.
• Kitchen with built-in hob and oven. Connections for a dishwasher and washing machine.
• Study/option TV room with door to patio. Walkthrough to bedroom two.
• Bedroom one with shower en-suite with handbasin, shower and toilet.
• Bedroom two with bath, bidet, hand basin and toilet. Patio door.
• Phone connection plus ADSL.
• Easy access to the swimming pool.
Garden/Exterior and Special features:
• Automated entry gates with sliders and intercom.
• Winding driveway to large forecourt with generous parking.
• Carport and parking to server cottage and flatlet.
• Double garage with direct entry.
• Undercover vine-clad veranda.
• Borehole water for the garden. Water reticulation.
• Electricity with an inverter. Linked to security. Lights come on when there is an electricity failure – limited in house. For computer, alarm and lights.
• Staff accommodation: two bedrooms, separate bathroom with bath, shower, toilet and pedestal hand basin, separate kitchen with stainless steel basin. Own private courtyard.
• Wendy house for extra storage.
• Security assured with the East and West sides of the property with electric fencing. Inside passives and outside garden beams. Linked to ADT. Constantia Watch is active in the area.