In Normandy’s leafy Orne department two and a half hours from the capital’s Porte Maillot, this magnificent chateau dating from 1780 is set in 74 hectares of partially walled grounds with sumptuous gardens, meadows and forest. Rectangular and constructed on vaulted cellars, it comprises a main central building set between two almost aligned square pavilions, and with a Mansart-style upper floor featuring slate roof tiles and an oak timber frame. About 1200 sqm of living space excluding the attic space includes 12 bedrooms. Numerous outbuildings offering about 800 sqm of floor space include a renovated annex fitted as a well-being area with an indoor swimming pool, as well as period buildings including a hunting lodge, a blacksmith’s forge and stables. Other annexes include two caretaker’s lodges. With an outdoor swimming pool and a pool house. The beautiful grounds are crossed by a river, and feature an old vegetable garden with greenhouses as well as two superb water features. The interior decoration has been meticulously renovated by the current owners. A superb property oozing with character and in a beautiful environment. More details on request.