A MAGNIFICENT GUEST FARM, A REAL JEWEL IN THE HEART OF THE KLEIN KAROO
Nestled in the Klein Karoo with views of the surrounding mountain ranges, vast plains, riverbeds and fynbos vegetation, Desert Wind game farm is under three hours' drive from Cape Town and situated close to Montagu. This well-kept farm is a safe, quiet and tranquil hide-away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, yet easily accessible by car.
Take in the fresh air on this 1,817-hectare farm while hiking, mountain biking or exploring the 4 x 4 routes on quad bikes. A 2.2 metre surrounding game fence (including steel droppers and jackal fence) houses free roaming Cape eland, gemsbok, Cape mountain zebra, springbok, a herd of alpaca, ostrich, porcupine and riverine rabbit. Due to the abundance of water, the farm attracts various bird species. Desert Wind offers spectacular stargazing at night-time.
Three bore holes, two of these equipped with pumps, services the lodge area and campsite while two water tanks store precious rainwater.
The farm comfortably sleeps 32 and accommodation includes:
- 4 x bedroom main guesthouse with silent generator (sleeps 8)
- 14 x sleeper self-catering guesthouse with indoor braai, patio and jacuzzi
- 4 x converted one-bedroom stables with en-suite bathrooms (sleeps 8)
- 1 x one-bedroom cottage, built out of rock that was gathered from the mountain on the farm. The Kliphuis is equipped with solar panels and gas geysers (sleeps 2)
- Camping site with lapa, ablution block and natural rainwater pool
- 2 x farm worker's cottages
The farm is an established, productive game farm with a functional website (www.desertwind.co.za) and booking system. It is simply waiting to be taken to the next level of excellence.
All furniture, machinery, quad bikes and vehicles are included in the price.
Existing farm management team resides on the farm.
Vodacom internet access available.
Full asset register available.
Call today to arrange to see you Karoo slice of heaven.