Professionally designed gardens and terraces enhance this outstanding Shaughnessy home – a private oasis in the City!
This 12,800 sqft property is surrounded by gorgeous gardens and patios, all artfully designed by renowned landscape architect John Minty, with the luxurious 18x35 foot heated pool as the focal point. There are so many beautiful features and details to this warm and inviting home.
This very special home boasting mature gardens and a very private west-facing backyard is nestled in premier Shaughnessy, one of the most desirable neighbourhoods on Vancouver’s Westside. The property is an extension of the surrounding area which is filled with wide lush boulevards and winding crescents. A charming, tranquil and restful setting, only a short drive from downtown Vancouver and YVR.
Close to shops, restaurants, cafes and transit along Granville Street and West 41st Avenue. Walk to Quilchena Park, Prince of Wales Park, Arbutus Village Park, The Arbutus Club, Arbutus Shopping Centre and Safeway.
Schools in the neighborhood include Shaughnessy Elementary, Prince of Wales Secondary, York House, Little Flower Academy, Vancouver College and UBC.
Lot, Location and Home:
- Premier Shaughnessy locale, close to shops, restaurants, cafes and transit along Granville Street and West 41st Avenue
- A short walk to Quilchena Park, Prince of Wales Park, Arbutus Village Park, The Arbutus Club, Arbutus Shopping Centre and Safeway
- Easy access to downtown Vancouver, UBC, Richmond and the airport
- Shaughnessy Elementary, Prince of Wales Secondary, York House, Little Flower Academy, Vancouver College and UBC
- 80 x 160.69 foot, beautifully landscaped and fully-fenced property
- Gorgeous and private, west-facing backyard with mature gardens, exquisite patio and a timeless outdoor pool – masterfully designed by renowned John Minty
- Tastefully updated 4,679 square foot, 2 level family home with basement
- 5 Bedrooms & Den plus 3 Full & 3 Half Baths
Features of the Home:
- Grand entrance foyer with over-height ceilings sets the tone for this beautifully remodeled home, retaining its original charm, while offering a functional floor plan with gorgeous oak hardwood floors throughout
- Elegant living room features a gas fireplace, detailed wall paneling, bay window overlooking your lovely front yard and French opening to your picturesque patio and lush gardens, bringing the outdoors inside
- Living room adjoins the bright conservatory enveloped by greenery – its numerous windows providing abundant natural light, overall creating a delightful space
- Entertain in your elegant dining room with French doors to the west-facing verandah and fenced yard, an ideal venue for get-togethers with family and friends
- Fabulous kitchen boasts gleaming granite counters, solid wood cabinetry with soft-close drawers, stainless steel appliances including a Wolf 6 burner gas stove, Broan hood fan, integrated SubZero fridge with separate freezer drawer, Panasonic microwave and a large centre island with a convenient breakfast bar
- Curl up with a book or enjoy some television in your cozy family room, offering a built-in seating area and French doors to your covered sundeck, a natural gathering place
- Main level also includes a lovely den with a built-in cabinet, ideal for a study or home office, plus a 2 piece powder room for guests
- Retreat to your master bedroom up, boasting a beautiful gas fireplace with Carrera marble surround, large walk-in closet, luxurious 4 piece ensuite with heated floors and a lovely bay window offering breathtaking views of your landscaped gardens and outdoor pool
- Upper level also has 3 additional spacious bedrooms with ample closet space, one with a private 2 piece ensuite, two bedrooms that share a large south-facing balcony, a charming 3 piece bathroom, plus plenty of built-in cabinets on the upper landing providing tons of added storage space
- Lower level features a good-sized bedroom, huge rec room with gas fireplace, 300 bottle wine cellar, laundry room, 3 piece bath with steam shower and a fantastic gym that opens to your marvelous outdoor pool
- Wind down from the day on your exquisite terrace featuring an ambient gas fireplace and outdoor kitchen while surrounded by magnificent trees, or take a dip in the heated pool and hot tub – your private oasis to share with family and friends
Other Features of the Home:
- 4 indoor and 1 outdoor gas fireplace plus outdoor kitchen
- Laundry room – Miele washer and dryer
- Home was substantially renovated in 2007
- 2 car garage with lane access plus 2 open parking on front driveway