Large 9,613 sf corner lot in West Point Grey, 184-foot sunny southwest frontage, large character home with elegant upgrades and spectacular panoramic views from all four floors, four-bedroom legal secondary suite, close to many community and commercial amenities and schools, spectacular mature landscaping behind a seamless privacy hedge, very wide side yards on both sides, in a bright and sunny character neighbourhood!
Lot, Location and Home:
- Outstanding West Point Grey location, close to transit, shops, restaurants, cafes and all the amenities along West 10th Avenue and West Broadway shopping strips.
- Near Trimble Park, Almond Park, Pacific Spirit Park, Jericho Beach & Park, University Golf Club, and West Point Grey Community Centre
- Easy access to transportation, UBC, downtown Vancouver and the airport including transit along West 10thAve and the 99 B-Line on West Broadway
- Queen Mary Elementary, Lord Byng Secondary, Our Lady of Perpetual Help School and Church, West Point Grey Academy, St. George’s, Prince of Wales High School and outdoor Trek Program, and University of British Columbia.
- French Immersion: Jules Quesnel Elementary, General Gorden Elementary and Kitsilano Secondary
- 9,631 square foot property completely surrounded by a seamless evergreen privacy hedge, with 40 year-old mature gardens featuring evergreen rhododendrons, azaleas, and fruit trees, very wide side yards with little overlook from neighbours, high-pressure and high volume watering systems, and full-yard lighting systems. The property qualifies for the City of Vancouver Laneway House Program (plans available), and the Character Home Retention Program which allows the addition of infill housing and the stratification of the main house into up to three lots with an increase density to 0.85 FSR (plans available). Various brick and sandstone patios.
- Charming 3,372 square foot architecturally-upgraded three-storey home with fully-finished basement.
- four-bedroom house with a legal four-bedroom garden-level secondary suite, with private entrance and a guest house.
- 3 full bathrooms and 2 powder rooms. Large main floor patio, second-floor patio, and roof deck, all with spectacular views. 644 sf freestanding cottage with an additional 3-pc bathroom, and a 248 sf garage and workshop.
Features of the Home:
- Spacious living room with gas-burning fireplace and large windows offering panoramic views of the gardens, patio, and the City views beyond.
- Enjoy hosting casual get-togethers or dinner parties while taking in soothing garden views from your formal dining room
- Delightful kitchen features gleaming granite countertops, convenient centre island with built-in 4 burner Frigidaire ceramic top range, quality appliances, tons of cupboard and storage space and adjoins the relaxed eating area, great for casual dining
- Main level is completed with a den with French doors leading to the large main patio.
- The staircase leads you to the second level, featuring a master bedroom with a 2-piece ensuite and picture windows offering panoramic garden and city views
- The second floor has three additional spacious bedrooms and a charming 3-piece bathroom where you can bathe and enjoy the views of the ocean
- Take a few steps up to the third floor studio, where your exclusive upper patio lies, your haven of tranquility, featuring amazing views capturing the very essence Vancouver and its iconic city, ocean and mountain views; from the upper studio you can access the roof-top deck with unparalleled 360-degree views.
- Lower level includes a self-contained studio suite with kitchenette and 3-piece bathroom, 3 good-sized bedrooms, kitchen, eating area, a 3-piece bathroom and separate entry
- You will love relaxing, having barbecues and soaking in the sun on your fantastic deck and balcony, plus the garage-top sundeck & rooftop patio
Other Features of the Home:
- Inlaid oak flooring on main floor
- gas fireplace
- Legal garden level 4-bedroom suite with private entrance
- 200 amp electrical service
- Shared laundry