In the municipality of Biella, at the feet of the Pennine Alps, this beautiful 18th-century period villa was finely restored and today it offers, together with several other buildings, a total of 17 bedrooms and 16 bathrooms, also making for a perfect background for weddings and events.
The property located just outside Biella (2km; 5’), a lively city where all the services are available. Northern Italy, thanks to the excellent road network, is easy to travel through and in less than two hours one can reach important cities such as Turin, Milan, Aosta and Como.
For ski lovers, the Alps are the perfect destination and not far from the property one can quickly reach the two ski locations of Courmayeur (124km; 1h 20’) and Chamonix-Mont Blanc (145km; 1h 25).
The most convenient airport is Turin’s (92km; 45’), but the two terminals in Milan (Malpensa and Linate) are easily reached as well (roughly 1h 10’).
DESCRIPTION OF THE VILLA
The manor villa (1.630 sqm – 17,539 sqft, 9 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms) is an impressive 18th-century historic building laid over four floors organized as follows:
- Basement: tavern with vaulted ceilings, kitchen, living room, dining room and guest bathrooms;
- Ground floor: ample living area with various halls, sitting room with fireplace, dining room, studio, library, kitchen and guest bathroom;
- First floor: master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet, four bedrooms with walk-in closet and three bathrooms;
- Second floor: pool room, gym, sauna, kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The building also accommodated two independent apartments:
- Apartment N°1 (first floor): living room, kitchen, studio, bedroom and bathroom;
- Apartment N°2 (second floor): living room, kitchen, studio, bedroom and bathroom.
The villa has been masterfully restored to preserve its excellent historic finishes: the cellar and the tavern in particular boast beautiful brick-built vaulted ceilings. The upper floors, formerly inhabited by the noble family, features much more refined finishes with frescoed walls and decorated ceilings. The pool room on the second floor, other than the nice paintings on the walls, was painted so to emulate a garden gazebo.
The warden’s house (120 sqm – 1,291 sqft, 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) is a rural building over two floors organized as follows:
- Basement: garage and storage rooms;
- Ground floor: kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom and technical room;
- First floor: three bedrooms and bathroom.
A guesthouse (600 sqm – 6,456 sqft, 4 bedrooms and 4 bathroom), located not far from the villa and in the final phase of restoration (only finishes are needed), is made up of two connected buildings and houses a total of four bedrooms and four bathrooms plus several other rooms (cellars. Kitchens, living rooms…).
The pool house (130 sqm – 1,399 sqft) is organized over two floors:
- Basement: technical room for the pool systems and bathroom;
- Ground floor: open canopy and pool.
The property is completed by an agricultural annex (62 sqm – 667 sqft) used as chicken coop and greenhouse for the plants.
The estate covers a total surface of 8.0 hectares, half of which covered by woodland (4.0 ha). The remaining surface is covered by park and arable land (4.0 ha) which was in the past planted with a vineyard that could be revived.
The ample park surrounding the villa is also an excellent location for weddings, events and receptions.
The pool (16.5 × 7.5 m) is fitted with a convenient solarium and a nice relax area all around.