Unparalleled in nostalgia and history, this exclusive Yeronga residence is elegantly perched overlooking a sprawling and perfectly manicured 4,247sqm estate. Built from 1889 – 1890, “Como” is listed on both the National Trust and Queensland Heritage Register and is a magnificent example of classic Victorian-era architecture. Featuring steep-pitched roofs, ornate gables, original cast iron balustrading, elegant fretwork and wide ironbark veranda, this property offers a truly rare opportunity in a very tightly held pocket of Yeronga, to secure a parcel of land not only of this size but of this calibre and historical significance. This residence will inspire even the most discerning of buyers.
Comprising of 6 bedrooms with additional study and library, this residence showcases the impeccable style and grandeur of yesteryear which simply cannot be replicated today. Upon entering, you are instantly greeted by a mere glimpse of the true sumptuousness of this property. A succession of classical features awaits, including soaring 12ft ceilings, polished timber floorboards and beaded VJ walls. A sense of opulence is fashioned via the hand-painted leadlight windows, a crystal chandelier, additional hand-decorated lighting fixtures, custom-built timber joinery and open fire-places.
Surrounded by prestigious homes whilst privately located in one of the area's most desirable pockets, this home offers a rare opportunity to acquire a family estate that is immersed richly in Brisbane history, sprawling over a large parcel of prime inner-city real estate. With easy accessibility to public transport, both rail and bus, universities including the University of Queensland, hospitals, prestigious state, independent and catholic schools including St Sebastian's Primary School, Yeronga State School, Prestige Private Schools, parks, river walks, shopping centres and cafes, Yeronga offers an outstanding lifestyle only 5km to the CBD.
Call to arrange an inspection today.
· c1890 Victorian fully renovated mansion – National Trust Listed & Queensland Government Heritage Listed
· North-easterly aspect on 4,247sqm grounds, only 5 kilometres from the centre of Brisbane’s CBD, with Brisbane River views
· Wide ironbark verandahs highlighted by extensive original cast iron balustrading & fretwork
· Hand painted stained glass leadlighting to grand entrance hallway
· 12 foot ceilings, polished floors and beaded VJ’s
· Crystal chandelier & other original hand decorated light fittings, most featuring original decorative cast iron ceiling roses
· 6 bedrooms, study and library
· Ballroom sized lounge room + massive dining room, with hand built timber and glass cabinetry encasing the fireplace
· 2 bathrooms with continuous unlimited gas hot water system
· 2 family informal living rooms
· Granite / 2 pack / stainless steel mesh kitchen – featuring 2 Gaggenau ovens / Miele hotplates / Miele dishwasher etc
· 3 open functioning fireplaces
· Massive attic space for storage or expansion plus under house storage.
· Fully ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning throughout
· Electronic back to base security including smoke detector alerts + security grills.
· Fully fenced with electronic automatic hydraulic gate entry featuring internet connected monitoring
· Foxtel & Optus cable connections
· 15 metre glass bead / terracotta swimming pool (recently fully resurfaced & renovated) with 2 filtration systems & self-cleaning chlorinators
· 4,247 sqm of beautiful grounds with low maintenance gardens featuring mature azaleas & camelias & many hundred year old shade trees
· Flag pole and magnificent fountain
· 3 phase power supply connected
· 3 water storage tanks – approximately 9,000L total capacity
· Shaded paved BBQ area serviced by continuous piped gas supply
· Children’s play area with tree house and sand pit
· 4 car accommodation (2 enclosed garages + 4 carport areas)