A plaque in the entrance hall dates the reconstruction of The Hall to 1856 although the original site is believed to date back to 1467. The property was lived in for more than ten generations by the Ffoulkes family on the Estate of Ereiviat & Rhydonen. Grono (Goronwy) ab Leuan, an ancestor of the Ffoulkes family, was known to hold the escheat lands in the Vill of Eriveat' between 1501 and 1571. The last member of the family to reside at the property was Edmund Andrew Ffoulkes, whose initials are located on the fireplaces he renovated. The property has been designed to run both as private home as well as wedding venue/house for rent, and therefore benefits from a commercial kitchen, large plant room and Coach House, currently doubling as a function/entertainment room. The Hall is very much a private home, but with commercial opportunities.
The impressive entrance hall, with original tiled floor and extensive panelling, provides access to the formal reception rooms on the ground floor. The dining rooms have large bay windows with beautiful views onto the gardens. Each has a feature fireplace with stone surround and traditional wooden mantelpiece, and high ceilings with original cornicing. The drawing room, with part panelling, has a large fireplace with feature log burner and provides access to the conservatory containing a large 9-seater hot tub. The study has two windows to the front of the property, and another feature fireplace with stone surround.
The kitchen is split into traditional and professional areas to cater for guests. The traditional area is a light space, with a cooker, built-in appliances and good storage space. From here, you can access the professional kitchen which has state-of-the-art stainless steel appliances and excellent work top space.
On the first floor, bedrooms 1, 2 and 7 are large en-suite rooms, each with windows overlooking the gardens and grounds. Bedrooms 3 & 4 and 5 & 6 are family rooms which incorporate a double and a twin room with a shared en-suite facility in each. A large dressing room is also on this floor but could be used as a further double bedroom. The second floor hallway leads to 4 further bedrooms, 3 of which have en-suites.
The Hall is currently also being used for private special occasions. There are male and female toilets, a large plant room and a wine cellar. The Coach House, which has catered for up to 200 guests, has dining area, dance floor and back bar with parking to the rear. The ground floor apartment could be incorporated into the main house or can be accessed externally. It comprises a kitchen/breakfast room, living room, two bedrooms (both en- suite), and a cloakroom. The Cottage has a large open plan kitchen/living room, sitting room, 5 bedrooms and a family bathroom.
This property has 9 acres of land.