The Old Bank House was built in 1893 by the County Clerk of Sutherland, John Leslie. He incorporated offices for himself and a bank. The house is a handsome well-presented sandstone family home offering just under 4,200 sq. ft. of light-filled flexible accommodation arranged over two floors with period features including high ceilings and fine cornicing throughout.
The property offers the prospective purchaser an opportunity to continue the existing B & B/ self catering business or to return the house to private use as a spacious family home. The main house ground floor accommodation flows from a welcoming reception hall accessible from the garden aspects and includes a spacious sitting room with feature fireplace, a large wooden floored kitchen/dining room with a selection of units, a range cooker, modern integrated appliances, space for a sizeable dining table, a door to the side aspect, a rear hall/utility area with useful cloakroom and access to the garden. The ground floor accommodation is completed by a spacious, at present self catering area, comprising private entrance into a reception hall, large sitting room with feature fireplace, fitted kitchen/diner with range cooker and a utility room. From the hall there is a bedroom with large en suite bathroom with spa bath and walk-in spa shower and a walk in wardrobe.
From the main house garden entrance door through a wide archway there is an elegant late Victorian staircase in pitch pine which leads to the first floor letting rooms. This offers a large principal bedroom with double aspect windows and en suite with Jacuzzi bath and separate walk-in shower. Three further bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. A second staircase from the ground floor leads to a rear aspect study/ bedroom with en suite shower.