Wonderful Florentine `Palazzo` to restore offering an exciting development opportunity in this amazing city.
Brief History.The palace was built in its original configuration in the last years of the fifteenth century, on the occasion of the wedding of Agnolo Doni with Maddalena Strozzi, a fact that links the building to some of the most important Florentine memories of the early sixteenth century: as stated by a plaque in the entrance hall placed by Mario Foresi in 1875 on the occasion of the interventions promoted by him on the property, Raffaello Sanzio would have been hosted here in order to make the double portrait of the couple, now exhibited in the Palatine Gallery. Likewise, the tondo with the Holy Family, known as Tondo Doni, exhibited at the Uffizi Gallery would have been made by Michelangelo. In the early nineteenth century the palace passed to the bankers Fenzi who, in the taste of the time, enriched it with pictorial decorations and marble fireplaces in neoclassical style. It was then, as mentioned by the Foresi who, in addition to "restoring" it, made various memoirs in the entrance hall. During the demolitions made necessary for the erection of the National Library, the building was significantly reduced from the side of the building site, transforming what was the internal courtyard into the open space closed by a gate today overlooking Via Magliabechi. In the rooms on this street the Margua antique gallery was located for a long time.
Florence centre.For more information on the precise location of the property and its surrounding area, please contact the listed Property Adviser.