Set in 13 acres, the Brick House is a Grade 2* listed property built circa 1533 to 1537.
The property is an exceptional example of a half H plan house unusual to Essex and features a central gable with wings extending either side. The internal wooden frame is complete with a large hall on the ground floor typical of the Tudor period and leaded square casement windows throughout. The property and its outbuildings have undergone extensive renovations sensitively completed to enhance their original features.
The grounds have been landscaped to create a variety of outdoor spaces including orchards with a variety of apple, pear, plum, damson and cherry trees, ponds (one of which features a wooden pier used as a sitting area) and parkland as well as courtyards and patios complete with ornamental water features and potted and planted greenery. A portion of the grounds separated by a fenced and hedged footpath contains approximately 5,000 Christmas trees.
Accessed through a main private electric gate at the end of a paved road, the property is approached by a sweeping resin coated drive bordered by orchards to the left and gardens to the right leading to a large resin coated parking area. A secondary drive constructed of a heavy-duty cellular porous paving system ideal for oil deliveries or for use by gardeners or tradesmen leads a secondary gravel parking area at the rear entrance of the leisure complex. A separate gate to the left through the orchards provides secondary access by foot.
A monitored security system with numerous cameras controls access through a Gira entry system which provides audio communication and a visual display. Real time or historical security footage may be accessed via the a/v system or a smart device.