Video available on request
‘Heronsfield' was designed to accommodate both visitors and family alike. The Barn cottage, which is inspired by an Olivepress on an American farm in the corner of the 4541sq meter erf, allows ample room for four people to feel they are in their own home with their own garden and lawn, yet not feel isolated from the main house. Added to this gem, above the two-car garage and staff accommodation is a little piece of heaven. The Karoo, barn-inspired loft sleeps two comfortably and has a galley kitchen and a sitting area, a spacious bathroom, and an office area.
Having grown up in the Boland, the owner, inspired by childhood memories of grape farms and west coast villages, created her own little farm. She designed an easy living space that offers comfort with a stylish flair. This level of exclusivity is seldom found in residences in this area. To quote the owner and designer No part of a house should be ugly, even the backyard should be lovely, but every part should want to make you want to curl up and relax with a book. Taking her inspiration from gardeners like Paul Bangay and Piet Oulddorf, the garden embraces lawns with; olive trees, grasses, salvias, sedum, cannas, dune bushes, creating a tamed wildness that creates a juxtaposition to the clipped whale-shaped hedges.
In an elevated position, embracing magnificent north-facing mountain and valley views, this home is curated using organic materials. With accents of oak, stone, raw and cement brick and the organic accents create a flawless canvas for comfortable living and entertaining. The home offers a seamless blend of authentic charm with modern amenities. Where the number of rooms gave way to size, this home, with its large and airy spaces has an energy that no one can deny or resist. With the sun streaming in from all sides it offers a comfortable indoor/outdoor living lifestyle, perfect for entertaining family and friends. The entertainment area epitomizes simplicity and comfort. This stunning and versatile property lends itself to be run as an exclusive, upmarket boutique guest house with its separate cottage and loft for dual-family living.
‘Heronsfield' is centrally located with easy access to Constantia's amenities and close to the West Lake golf course and some of the country's most celebrated wine estates and beaches like Muizenberg and Hout bay. It is around the corner from world-class restaurants and a stone's throw away from multiple shopping centres. Constantia boasts a selection of beautiful greenbelt trails, mountain vineyard walks, which one can take advantage of, the closest of which is 200m from the property.
(Main) Heron House: 389sqm
• A welcoming, versatile entrance with a drinks serving unit and high bat table, spills onto covered veranda via cavity doors from side to side. A huge sliding barn door opens to the sunny and bright kitchen with a living room on the right.
• The light and airy, sunny living room is open plan to a spacious kitchen with a three-meter island and has a wood-burning fireplace.
• On the east side, a conservatory-like dining bay allows maximum sunlight into the area and doors that slide away on two sides allows dining almost right in the garden.
• A Mezzanine pyjama lounge/library living room is light bright and cosy. The perfect place to gather as a family or relax with a
• The well-equipped kitchen flows seamlessly into the adjoining living and dining space to the covered verandah into the sun-filled garden with a feature swimming pool. Perfect for alfresco entertaining.
• Oak Central island with seating forms the hub of the home.
• Oak and granite worktops. Copious custom-designed built-in cupboards.
• Gas and electric hob.
• Separate pantry/scullery opens to a lawned backyard with an outside sink area.
Bedrooms: 3 and Bathrooms: 4
One very large, luxurious main en-suite bedroom upstairs plus another across the mezzanine.
• Beautiful guest suite: with separate entrance or accessed from the house.
• Spacious study or 4th bedroom with sliding doors to all sides.
Barn Cottage: ( private, income bearing in the corner) 110sqm
• One beautiful main suite looking through to a lemon grove
• Further second suite with a huge barn window looking through the garden.
• Open plan living and dining area with French doors to private undercover terrace and garden.
• Fully equipped kitchen.
• Pergola covered parking for 2 cars
The Loft: 110sqm
• This fully- equipped studio apartment is a dreamy spot with views to northeast and west.
• Income generating or work from home office
• Galley kitchen.
• Integrated dining, sleeping and living areas create a peaceful 2 person haven.
• Spacious full en-suite bathroom.
• Auto entry gate with intercom.
• 2 Garages and ample additional parking for family and friends.
• Well-equipped staff facilities with a bedroom with built-in
cupboards, kitchenette and shower en-suite.
• Laundry room with space for washing machine and drier.
Access to garages. Feature wall drying area.
• Versatile work-stations in all dwellings
• Borehole water with auto irrigation system.
• Beautifully kept lawns and trees encompass the houses. Classic
Farm-style walls are lined with shrubs and plants which separate
the three dwellings.
• A built-in braai/barbecue on the undercover verandah is a focal
point for outside living with a dining area and lounge which has
a view across the manicured garden and pool (with a sundowner
steps) to the back of Table Mountain.
• Hanepoot grape bearing vines cover the pergolas in the
• Security: Heronsfield has access control, electric
fencing, beams and alarms.