The Lewis family, who owned Pentre Celyn Hall in the 19th Century, rebuilt the Grade II Listed house on the site of a previous property. P L Lewis was a proprietor of lead mines and his name and the date 1852 appear on a shield on the north-west elevation.
The property is entered via a grand porch into a spacious entrance hall, from which all the ground floor accommodation can be accessed. To the right is a dining room with bay window and open fireplace with marble surround, a drawing room with 3 full height windows and an open fireplace. To the left is a study/playroom, and a large sitting/family room with a small cloakroom. Straight ahead is a guest cloakroom, and the sizeable kitchen breakfast room, larder and utility room. The kitchen has handmade oak floor and wall units, granite worktops, a central island with electric oven, induction hob, oil-fired Aga, and space for a large family dining table. The utility room is particularly spacious with access to the rear courtyard via the back door, and to the first and second floors via the secondary staircase. Adjoining the sitting room are the steps down to the large cellars, which have been converted to a myriad of games rooms, including a skittle alley, a cinema, a snooker room and arcade game rooms.
The first floor is reached via a sweeping staircase from the hall. The principal bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and dressing room, and there are three double guest bedrooms, two with en-suite shower rooms, and a single bedroom adjoining the family bathroom. On the second floor are two further double bedrooms.
This property has 3.47 acres of land.