An important and historic architectural landmark situated just 12 kms from the centre of Florence in a private forested estate. Renovated in the 1980s by the famous Florentine architect Pier Niccolò Berardi in the style of a medieval borgo, the house extends to 550 sqm of luxury accommodation. Located in an ancient Medici hunting forest 10 kms south of Florence on the Roman road to Volterra, San Stefano a Gabbiola is a historic property built around a Romanesque chapel with its original structure dating from 1260. The foundations of Castelvecchio, an old castle which was first recorded in 1075, still remain in the grounds. Architect Pier Niccolò Berardi caringly restored the property in the 1980s while adding his signature interpretation of a medieval country house in the style of a Tuscan hillside 'borgo' or hamlet. The property is located in a perfect hilltop setting in a tranquil and private 27-hectare forested estate. Florence centre and international airport are just 30 minutes away. Pisa and Siena are just 1 hour away. It enjoys a commanding position with panoramic views over Tuscan hills towards the ancient hilltop villages of La Romola and San Casciano. San Stefano a Gabbiola sits in the heart of Chianti country surrounded by ancient vineyards, olive groves, pine and oak forests. One of the finest luxury properties in this area the estate offers a rare combination of natural tranquility within easy reach of Tuscany's historic cities, chic beach resorts, museums and antiquities as well as proximity to international airports. The property comprises a spacious and bright, 4 storey, borgo style villa of 550 sqm set in 3,135 sqm of completely private parkland gardens. The house has 6 bedrooms, 4 en-suite bathrooms, a grand salon with panoramic views, dining room, staff quarters, butler's pantry, library, study, cinema room, wine cellar, pizzeria and more. The garden is surrounded by a 27-hectare forest which is jointly owned with 4 other houses. Permission exists to build a swimming pool within the grounds of the house.