Palazzo Ferretto is a period noble palace built between the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries and was the residence of the Most Serene Doge Stefano Onorato Ferretto (1640/1720), a Senator who in 1705 became the one hundred and thirty-eighth Doge of the Republic of Genoa and King of Corsica. The finely decorated facade adorns the small square which bears the same name and is located a few meters from the Royal Palace, Piazza De Ferrari, and the Porto Antico. The beautiful facade of Palazzo Ferretto is a fine example of the renowned decorative taste present in Genoa since 1500. The Doge's apartment, over 600 square meters, is on two levels: the Noble Floor, the highest and most sumptuous floor, and a Mezzanine below. On the main floor are seven halls, with ceilings from five to seven meters high which alternate between two artistic styles, Baroque and Rococo: two of these rooms are completely frescoed, the other party rooms, with painted ceilings and walls with a mixed technique of fresco and tempera, are decorated with precious eighteenth-century stuccoes with 24 ct pure gold leaf. The pictorial decoration of the noble floor reflects the taste widespread in Genoa in the 1700's. The fresco "The Council of the Gods" is officially attributed by the Superintendence for Historical and Artistic Heritage of Liguria (part of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage) to Paolo Girolamo Piola for the frescoed part, Gregorio de Ferrari and Lorenzo Maria Costa for the decorations of the squaring, and the Cantoni family for the stuccos. The restoration, both pictorial and conservative, also involved the structural part of the building and the masonry was subjected to x-rays. Particular attention was paid to the fine inlaid marble floors, in particular that of the corridor which dates back to the time of construction of the Palace. The electric systems and pluming have also all been updated. Incredible opportunity to acquire a piece of Genovese history.