Detached villa Eeuwiglaan 49, 1861 CL Bergen (NH)
Sustainable living without any compromises!
Living in an amazing location on the tree-lined Eeuwigelaan, opposite the Bergerbos bordering the dunes, and within 10 minutes cycling from the beach and the bustling centre of the artistic village of Bergen. The village includes many restaurants, e.g., Het Huis met de Pilaren, cafés, boutiques, and several supermarkets. Bergen also offers a wide choice of child daycare facilities, primary and secondary schools – including an International School – and the Museum Kranenburgh. Bergen aan Zee, with the beach, the dunes, and more restaurants and cafés, is within cycling distance. The location, just 15 minutes from the city of Alkmaar, with its beautiful historical centre, and the A9 motorway to Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport, The Hague, and Utrecht, is nothing less but ideal.
From the Eeuwigelaan, the remotely operated gate – with a video/intercom system and the letterbox plus a parcel delivery box – welcome visitors to the front of the house where you find a carport for three cars, several outbuildings, multiple parking spots, and seating areas. During the period 2011-2013, the plot of 2,859 m2 saw the construction of a magnificent detached, thatched villa with an indoor garage for 3 cars, a car lift to the basement parking garage for around 12 cars, a very comfortable open-plan kitchen-diner, a sitting room, 3 fireplaces, 5 bathrooms, 7-8 bedrooms, and 2 luxury B&B apartments with private entrances. Furthermore, there is a separate and very private annexe (built in 2010) offering a living room, an open-plan kitchen, a bathroom, and 2 bedrooms.
The entrance on the north side of the house leads to a large hall, the stairwell with heated steps, built-in wardrobes, and a toilet (Geberit Aquaclean 8000+). A doorway leads to the living room of 75 m2 with a wood-burning fireplace, broad French doors to a veranda, and access to a TV-room/study of 25 m2. The living room has an open connection with the kitchen-diner of 63 m2, which was designed by Piet Boon, offering a fireplace fuelled by the central heating system, broad French doors to the veranda of 70 m2, a kitchen island with a 5-burner induction hob, an integrated wok burner and extraction system (Bora), a worktop with the sink and dishwasher, a fridge, a steam oven, a fan oven, a climatised wine cabinet, and a coffee corner plus additional sink. The kitchen also includes two Quooker taps, including a Quooker Fusion that also provides cooled and sparkling water. A door leads to the utility room with eight large storage cupboards and a microwave, and the door to the indoor garage with a sink (hot water supply), and an automatic door with a width of 7.5 m and a height of 2.6 m. The garage fits 3 cars and includes a car lift to the basement where there is additional parking space for approx. 12 cars and a separate storage room. Furthermore, there is a fully automated and weather-controlled heating system fuelled by pellets and the linked hot water system, which also heats the outbuildings and the swimming pool.
Guest en-suite bedroom of 16 m2 with a built-in wardrobe, a walk-in shower, a washbasin, a wall-mounted toilet. Master bedroom of 38 m2 with a walk-in closet, a panic button, a double walk-in shower, a double washbasin, a wall-mounted toilet (Geberit Aquaclean 8000+), and a square bath of 6 m2 (1.8 m3). Laundry room, an additional en-suite bedroom of 46 m2 offering a double walk-in shower, a washbasin, and a separate toilet.
Office of 52 m2 with a storage area of 19 m2 (option to create 2 bedrooms plus a bathroom).
Veranda of 70 m2 with an outdoor kitchen, a sink (hot water supply), a fireplace/barbecue, and heaters.
Irrigation system with 4 groups and its own well. Swimming pool of 4 x 10 m, secure roller deck with solar cells, heated via the pellet-fuelled boiler, fireplace, kitchen unit, and heat pipes/solar collectors. Cupboard with the filter system, a pool house, outdoor shower with hot water, and a robotised cleaning system.
Indoor double guest quarters:
Private entrance, hall, concrete staircase plus landing leading to the hallway with a kitchen unit, a washbasin, and the fridge and dishwasher. Apartment of 17 m2, walk-in shower, toilet, and a washbasin. Apartment of 33 m2, double walk-in shower, toilet, and a washbasin.
Detached annexe with a surface area of approx. 80 m2, with its private entrance and garden, offering lots of privacy. Living room, open-plan kitchen, and a bathroom and 2 bedrooms upstairs.
General technical details:
- Volume: 3710m³.
- Surface area living spaces: 636m².
- Heat generation plus heat recovery: Heatpipes Tecsolar, 9 segments on the south-facing roof, Ökofen pellet burner PES 56-2017, Hoxter fireplace in the kitchen-diner; all linked to buffer tanks.
- Insulation: Wall insulation, A++ glazing, thatched roofs (screw-fixing method), Roofmate sealing layer underneath the basement floor.
- Hot water supply provided by 2 buffer tanks (1000 litres and 1500 litres) and timer-controlled circulating piping.
- LED lighting in all the outbuildings and an enchantingly lighted garden.
- Strong internet connections inside and in the garden.
- Camera security system with image storage option.
- Quiet residential area and total privacy.
- Lots of sunshine (7:00 am to 9:00 pm) despite surrounding wooded area.
- Veranda of 70 m2 with heaters and barbecue/fireplace.
- Outdoor lounging and eating possible, even in colder weather.
- Heated swimming pool with a heating and secure roller deck of 10 x 4 m in the back garden.
- Indoor garage with a large overhead door, ensuring dry access into the house on rainy days.
- The construction of the house was followed closely by the residents who lived in the annexe during that period.
- A property with lots of options, e.g., B&B and use of the annexe.
- The first impression from the Eeuwigelaan suggests a subdued atmosphere but with a surprisingly exuberant back garden.
- Downstairs extension of 70 m2 is easy to realise.
- Sustainable living with a minimal ecological footprint.