Designed by renowned architect, Jane Baldwin, this distinctive home is nestled in a quiet tree-lined Crescent in the sought-after neighbourhood of Constantia Upper in Cape Town. With versatile and expansive accommodation, it offers four-en suite bedrooms with work-from-home office option 5th guest-suite, easy flow between the reception rooms, chef’s kitchen, large entertainment room with stack-back doors onto patio, garden and pool as well as the bonus of a tennis court and a luxurious two bedroomed cottage. A state-of-the-art security system with a guardhouse assures your peace of mind. 3 Car garaging plus a porte-cochere at the front door, two boreholes and generous staff accommodation are a bonus.
The property is brilliantly equipped with a 60 KVA John Deere diesel generator with a silencing hood that powers the entire property in case of power outages.
Two boreholes provide ample water for both the garden and in-house consumption using an on-site professional water filtration and purification plant, allowing the property to fully operate off the council grid.
The existing home is perfectly situated on the grounds to facilitate a straightforward sectional title process if one would require a second dwelling.
Included in the offering is an array of magnificent countryside trails for outdoor activities including a child and dog-friendly walking/running/horse trails as well as on and off-road cycling paths. The property is also close to some of the country’s most celebrated wine estates, golf courses, top tier schools, shopping centres, boutiques and a selection of world-class restaurants. Cape Town International Airport is 20 minutes away. High Constantia Shopping Centre, Constantia Village and Constantia Emporium shopping centres are just minutes away.
• Portico with water feature.
• Travertine tiled entrance hall with staircase to the upstairs bedroom wing.
• Guest cloakroom and study off the entrance hall.
• Formal lounge with gas fireplace and two sets of French doors opening to the patio to pool and garden.
• Formal dining room with French doors to the front garden.
• TV/Family room with informal dining area open plan to kitchen with wood burning fireplace and folding doors to the pool patio.
• Large entertainment/sunroom with stack-back doors onto patio, garden and pool.
• Versatile work home-office with separate study and en-suite bathroom or guest suite. Own entrance with security trellis.
Kitchen: Open flow to the family room with informal dining area
• Provencal style with natural stone flooring, centre island with solid wood top with breakfast ledge, prep bowl and built-in Viking wine fridge.
• Viking fridge and freezer.
• Built-in cupboards with granite worktops.
• Viking double gas stove with stainless steel extractor and two under counter electric ovens.
• Paint technique compactum cupboards.
• Separate scullery with double stainless-steel basins and work ledge.
• Enclosed yard area.
• Laundry room next to the cottage and under the same roof as garages.
Bedrooms: (4 en-suite) and separate two bedroomed cottage
Upstairs: All with air-conditioners. Auto drop-down security shutters on the upstairs landing.
• Luxurious main suite with built-in cupboards. Full en-suite with free-standing bath, shower, two separate vanities, toilet and heated towel rail.
• Bedroom two with built-in cupboards. Full ensuite with floating vanity and heated towel rail.
• Bedroom three with built-in cupboards. Shower en-suite with pedestal hand basin and heated towel rail.
• Bedroom four with entry passage built-in cupboards. Full en-suite with freestanding bath, shower, toilet, heated towel rail and floating vanity.
Large 2 en-suite bedroomed cottage: With stone tiled flooring
• Entrance hall with door to three-car garage.
• Passage with built-in cement shelving.
• Two bedrooms with built-in cupboards. Both en-suite. One with a full bathroom. Second with a shower suite.
• Spacious lounge/dining room with a kitchenette behind fold back doors.
• Two French doors to private patio and garden.
Garden/Exterior Buildings and Special Features:
• Auto entry gates with intercom.
• 3 Car garage with auto doors.
• Two-roomed staff cottage above the garages.
• Two further garden storerooms.
• salt chlorinated swimming pool.
• Jungle Gym.
• Tennis court with practice wall.
• Large Entertainment/sunroom with fold-back glass doors built alongside pool patio and linked to guest suite/work from home office.
• The property is equipped with a 69 KW John Deere diesel generator with a silencing hood that powers the entire property in case of power outages.
• Internet fibre works throughout the property.
• The 3 separate gardens are complemented with a tennis court, along with numerous storage facilities and a Wendy house with a shower/toilet and washbasin.
• In total, the property currently offers 8 bedrooms and with clever planning, this can be easily extended to 10 bedrooms.
• Two boreholes with two water retaining tanks one for the garden and the second for a house. Two boreholes provide ample water for both the garden and in-house consumption using an on-site professional water filtration and purification plant, allowing the property to fully operate off the council grid.
• In terms of design and size, the house lends itself to being a perfect prospective Air BnB residence.
• State of the art security systems in place. It offers a completely automated security system throughout which include, electric fence, beams, intercom, security gates, 24/7 off-site surveillance CCTV security monitoring and security floodlights, 8-10 perimeter cameras as well as a guardhouse at the entrance of the property.
• Bonus: The property also lends itself to be sectionalized, retain the main house and cottage and build a second dwelling in the tennis court area.
• The property is 100% owned by an offshore British Virgin Islands company with a branch company in South Africa.