Set on 1387sqm of lush garden with pool and borehole water, this contemporary family home has been built with style and flair for easy living. Highlights are the high ceilings open beam ceilings, stack back doors, bespoke imported wood flooring, underfloor heating and fireplaces to ensure winter warmth as well as aircon in all the bedrooms. Easy flow between the spacious reception rooms to an expansive all seasons covered verandah and enclosed entertainment room, which is so suited to today's, but with the modern comforts, add to the appeal of this very special home. The Home is off the grid with a sophisticated water filtration system and ample solar power for electricity. A sophisticated security system ensures your peace of mind with the added security of an entry controlled manned guardhouse at the entry to the street.
Included in the offering is an array of magnificent countryside trails for outdoor activities including a child and dog-friendly walking/ running/ horse riding trails as well as on and off-road cycling paths. The property is within proximity to some of the country's most celebrated wine estates, golf courses, top tier schools, shopping centres, boutiques and a selection of world-class restaurants. Cape Town International Airport is a 20-minute drive in easy traffic with the False Bay sports grounds, Virgin Active gym, Constantia Village Shopping Centre and Constantia Emporium just a few minutes away.
• Light and bright double volume entrance hall with wood flooring, coat cupboard and high glass-domed skylight.
• Sliders to a versatile room with built-in cupboards and shelving, side glass wall and sliding doors to the veranda. Carpeted.
• Large open plan dining room to lounge with open rafter ceiling, wood flooring and a self-combustion fireplace. Fold back doors to under roof veranda. Dining room with built-in cupboard with drawers in a deep recess.
• Family room with wood flooring, built-in cupboards and shelving, self-combustion fireplace, open rafter ceilings, open kitchen plan. Louvres and fold back doors to an enclosed entertainment room.
• Entertainment room with natural stone flooring, domed ceiling, skylight and glass stack back doors to garden with pool and to the under-roof veranda. Built-in braai and table with prep bowl. Space for wood storage.
• Spacious study/computer area with wood flooring open plan with staircase to upstairs guest flat and access to the downstairs bedroom wing. Built-in cupboard storage under staircase. Door to back paved courtyard.
• Open plan to family room with open rafter ceilings and feature wood-panelled wall.
• Duco'd soft touch cupboards and drawers.
• Integrated tea station
• Integrated fridge
• Integrated eye level Smeg oven and microwave
• Prep bowl
• Centre island with glass hob with extractor fan.
• Eat-in breakfast counter as an extension from the centre island.
• Simple and convenient control of lights with remote control for cabinets and downlights in the kitchen area.
• Separate scullery with sink, built-in shelving, soft-touch cupboards and drawers. Space for a dishwasher. Cavity wall sliding door to the laundry room with stainless tub. Plumbed for washing machine, dryer. Space for freezer. Doors to double garage and drying yard and the lower-level staff room with shower-suite.
Bedrooms: 4 Bathrooms: 3.5
All with wood flooring and air conditioners
• Passage with built-in linen cupboards.
• Main bedroom suite with dressing room and lounging area with sliding doors to the garden. En-suite with 2 separate vanities, separate toilet and separate shower.
• 2nd bedroom with built-in cupboards, shelving and sliding door to the garden.
• 3rd Bedroom with built-in cupboards and desk. Sliding door to the enclosed entertainment patio.
• Full family bathroom with vanity, shower, freestanding bath, hand shower and toilet.
• Guest cloakroom in the study area.
Upstairs guest flatlet:
• Open plan living and dining room with wood flooring, open rafter ceiling, built-in cupboards and shelving, fireplace. Air conditioner.
• Kitchen: Open plan to living/dining room. Built-in cupboards. Basins, place for dishwasher, Defy gas hob with extractor fan and glass door to the tiled balcony.
• Passage with built-in cupboards.
• Spacious bedroom with lounging area, built-in cupboards and sliders to the tiled balcony.
• Shower suite with mirrored cabinet, vanity, shower and toilet.
• Auto entry gates and pedestrian gates with intercom.
• Cobbled driveway.
• Double garage with auto roll-up doors. Direct entry to the laundry room.
• High tech, remote-controlled lighting systems.
• Underfloor heating throughout.
• Drying yard to downstairs staff quarters with 2 tiled rooms and shower suite.
• Passage in staff quarters with a trap door to the lower-level floor with 2 pumps to pump water to 2 storage tanks to a water garden.
• Borehole with auto irrigation. Filtration system ensures safe water for home consumption– off the grid.
• High tech solar system for electricity. Off the grid
• Heat pump and solar panels to heat hot water cylinders.
• Astroturf play area with a jungle gym.
• Wendy house for garden equipment.
• State of the art security with beams and sensors linked to ADT, with the added security of a manned guardhouse at the road entry to Willowbrooke Lane.