This restored medieval hamlet dating back to the 12th century is set on the hills of Casentino and enjoys a stunning view over the hills of Tuscany. Still drooling with charm, the property (1,985 sqm) is nowadays a boutique accommodation business and includes 19 bedrooms, a restaurant and even a wine bar. All around, a 9,300-sqm well-maintained garden with pool and 11.2 ha of agricultural land completes the property.
The property is set in an unspoiled area, rich in history and art, where the Arno river flows dividing the valley into two separate parties. Services are all available in the nearby town (4km; 5') and there is golf club located 30 minutes away and there is also a new 18 hole course just 10 minutes away.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The manorial villa (685 – 7,371 sqft, 8 bedrooms an 11 bathrooms) is set on four levels. The ground floor houses the common areas for the guests, while on the first floor is a spacious apartment inhabited by the owners. The second floor has been further split into four guest apartments. The building has been entirely restored by using original materials and trying to preserve whenever possible the intriguing charm of the property.
- Basement: cellar, tasting room and wine bar;
- Ground floor: entrance hall, reception, bar, professional kitchen, office, technical room, double dining hall, storage room, three powder rooms, technical room and private chapel with separate entrance;
- First floor: wide living room, sitting room, reading room, three bedrooms with en-suite bathroom, vestibule, living room and dining area.
- Unit N°1: living room and kitchen with fireplace, two bedrooms and bathroom;
- Unit N°2: living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
- Unit N°3: kitchen with dining area and bathroom, bedroom with en-suite bathroom and private sitting room and walk-in wardrobe;
- Unit N°4: living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.
The farmhouse (275 sqm – 2,959 sqft, 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms) is made up of four independent units, plus a studio apartment and a room convertible into a small spa and/or wellness center for the guests:
- Unit N°5: living room, kitchen, dining room, two bedrooms and bathroom;
- Unit N°6: living room with fireplace, dining room with kitchenette, studio, bedroom and bathroom;
- Unit N°7: living room with dining area and kitchenette, studio, bedroom and bathroom;
- Unit N°8: living room with dining area, kitchen, bedroom and two bathrooms.
The old tinaia (130 sqm – 1,399 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) has been restored and partially converted into a guesthouse:
- Ground floor: laundry and orangery;
- First floor: living room with dining area, kitchenette and bathroom;
- Second floor: two bedrooms and bathroom.
Guesthouse "Cavallina" (95 sqm – 1,022 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) was once a barn and has been nowadays converted into a cozy two-story guesthouse:
- Ground floor: living room with dining area, kitchenette, bedroom, bathroom and closet;
- First floor: living room, bedroom, bathroom and closet.
Guesthouse "Frantoio" (60 sqm – 646 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom) is also a very charming accommodation for the guests:
- Ground floor: living room with open-plan kitchen;
- First floor: two bedrooms and bathroom.
A spacious stone farmhouse (740 sqm – 7,962 sqft, up to 10 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms) dating back to the 18th century is located not far from the main complex. The building has been structurally restored, while the roofs have all been replaced and renewed. Electric lines are already been brought to the house, as well as water, and there are plumbing and tubes ready for other systems if needed.
The idea was to convert the building into another guest accommodation, creating a beautiful spa with common areas, while on the upper floors there would have been six generous bedrooms for the guests. Alternatively, the three floors are all accessed from an outside staircase and there is then the possibility of creating three spacious apartments, one on each floor (respectively 305 sqm, 240 sqm and 195 sqm).
The property is further enriched by an 9,300-sqm garden, laid over multiple terrace and decorated by colorful flowers and hedges. A short distance from the manorial villa, in a retired but very panoramic position, is the 12 × 6 m swimming pool with terracotta-paved sunbathing area. The buildings are separated by graveled walkways and, walking through the property, it seems like going back to the Middle Ages.
The property then goes beyond the park of the villa and covers a total of 12.1 hectares (29.9 acres), half of which made up of woodland. The remaining area (5.6 ha) is covered in meadows and fields (ideal for vineyards and/or other crops) and includes approximately 290 olive trees that produce excellent olive oil.
The building is the perfect venue for weddings and ceremonies, but is also a good investment for someone looking to buy a private property that doesn't involve giving up on comforts and amenities.