Video available on request
The home has been thoughtfully designed by architects and present owners to maximise light, views, and indoor/outdoor lifestyle. One can enjoy the outstanding north-facing mountain and valley views from the open-plan family living areas and great entertaining spaces.
Set on a desirable corner plot close to Constantia Upper, this stunning custom-designed contemporary home is the ultimate in country living with lush green surroundings and north-facing mountain views. Warm and inviting, this exceptional home is filled with natural light.
The water feature at the front door entry leads to the impressive double volume entrance hall to the integrated lounge, dining, and kitchen areas with inverted bulkheads with downlights and diffused led strip lights, and a two-way fireplace. The open-plan kitchen with additional seating is perfect for effortless entertainment.
This property also offers an entertainment area which consists of an open plan informal TV lounge, wine cellar, and bar/poker area. A staircase with wall downlights on every second step leads you to four luxurious en suite bedrooms. The study on the upper-level flows onto the balconies embracing the magnificent mountain views. Conveniently, you can find the guest suite downstairs and a separate upmarket staff suite or teen pad.
Additional features are the skylights on the under roof veranda, double volume entrance hall with custom-designed light fitting, large porcelain tiled flooring, sliding doors, low maintenance high-end aluminium doors, and window frames, closed combustion fireplaces, water features, borehole water - the house is off the grid. Inverter for electricity backup, two double garages with direct access, and state-of-the-art security systems to name a few.
Close to celebrated wine estates, golf courses, top-tier schools, shopping centres, and a selection of fine restaurants, vineyards, and greenbelt walking trails.
Reception Rooms: 4
• Water feature at front door entry pathway.
• Double volume entrance hall with extra width wooden swing door. Two specially manufactured chandeliers - one over the hallway entrance and the second over the stairs landing. Feature tile arrangement in hallway entrance to complement the custom-designed light chandeliers.
• Guest cloakroom with underfloor heating installed the fan and backlit mirror. Underfloor heating, fan and backlit mirror, Quartz top vanity, and heated towel rack.
• Integrated formal lounge, dining, and kitchen.
• Formal lounge with stunning crystal feature LED colour changing ceiling light (same as the dining room.) Inverted bulkheads with downlighters and diffused led strip lights. Underfloor heating and served by the same air conditioner as the dining room. Specifically, manufactured L-shaped six-seater couch to fill this area facing a glass double-sided built-in cast iron fireplace set at eye level when seated. Triple sliding door opens to the undercover balcony patio area next to the pool. Installed Samsung QLED 65-inch Smart TV. Glass-only top hung internal sliding door leading to the informal lounge.
• Dining area with Stunning crystal feature LED colour-changing ceiling light. Inverted bulkheads with downlights and diffused led strip lights. Underfloor heating and Samsung 24,000btu air conditioner. Built-in four-door crockery and cutlery cupboard. 10-seater dining room table specially constructed for the area. Sliding door leading to the undercover balcony next to stainless steel built-in braai with steel reinforced suspended concrete serving area.
• The entertainment area consists of an open-plan informal TV lounge, wine cellar, and bar/poker area. A small partitioned-off area can be used as a wine cellar. Underfloor heating and Samsung 24,000btu air conditioner. Stunning crystal feature LED colour-changing ceiling light (same as the dining room). Inverted bulkheads with downlighters and diffused led strip lights (same as the dining room). Installed Samsung QLED 65-inch Smart TV. Built-in surround sound speakers into the bulkhead. Stunning purpose-built bar with hot/cold water washbowl and bar fridge. More than sufficient doors and drawers. Two magnificent serving counters both made with 32mm Cherrywood (same as a kitchen breakfast nook and Hallway stairs).
This entertainment area has three sliding doors.
1. To built-in braai area under-balcony next to the pool
2. To garden patio under main bedroom balcony next to the pool
3. To adjoining guest room patio
Patio's (a) and (b) have installed exterior speakers from the informal lounge HiFi system.
• Upstairs study with built-in desk and cupboards, downlights, and sliding door to the balcony embracing magnificent unobstructed mountain views.
• Open-plan kitchen, dining room, and formal lounge
• First CCTV Monitor
• Siemen's floor standing oven with gas cooker top and extractor fan and built-in Siemens microwave cooker and warming drawer. Samsung plumbed fridge with ice maker. Prep bowl with purified water filter. Stylish red glass splashback with cupboard downlighters.
• The abundance of high-quality storage cupboards of varying sizes.
• Centre island with quartz countertop - also has plenty of storage space. Attached to stylish 32mm Cherrywood serving section for breakfasts.
• Stylish bulkheads with downlighters and diffused led strip lighting.
• Sliding door leading to the undercover balcony next to stainless steel built-in braai with steel reinforced suspended concrete serving area.
• Separate scullery/laundry room with top-of-the-range commercial-grade Speed Queen washing machine and dryer. Spare fridge for drinks, freezer, dishwasher, and another small washing machine for dogs' blankets. Double Smeg sink with ample quartz countertop working space and separate quartz wall hanging shelf. The abundance of high-quality storage cupboards of varying sizes. An aluminium glass door leads to a drying area with bespoke engineered heavy-duty steel-framed washing lines with plastic-coated stainless-steel strands which can be re-tensioned if required. Can easily handle heavy blankets and carpets.
Bedrooms: 5 and Bathrooms 5:
4 upstairs and guest suite downstairs.
Downstairs: Guest suite
• Spacious with Underfloor heating and Samsung 12,000btu air conditioner. Sliding door to guest patio and amazing views of mountain and garden. En suite bathroom with walk-in shower, quartz top vanity, bidet, and heated towel rack. Hans Grohe accessories and a neat wooden pull-down seat in the shower. Built-in cupboards, desk, and bedside cabinets. Inverted bullheads with downlights and diffused led strip lights.
Upstairs: Four generously proportioned en suite bedrooms. All carpeted.
Downlights and built-in soft touch cupboards and drawers.
A staircase with wall downlights on every second step leads you to the upstairs bedroom wing with the study.
Luxurious man suite:
• With walk-in dressing room and walk-through dressing room. Aircon and double curtain rail. Door to a private balcony with seating areas from which to enjoy the surroundings and mountain views. Second door to the second balcony. Full en suite bathroom with walk-in shower with pull-down seat, quartz top vanities, bidet, toilet, heated towel rack, and Hans Grohe accessories.
• Sliders to the private balcony.
• With built-in dressing table and cupboards, air-con, TV point. Shower en suite with hand shower in the shower, vanity, and toilet.
• With built-in dressing table and cupboards, air-con, TV point. Sliding doors to the balcony. Shower en suite with hand shower in the shower, vanity, and toilet.
• With a built-in desk and shelving. Sliding door to the balcony. Walk-in dressing room. Full en suite with double shower with hand shower, bath with hand shower, vanity, and toilet.
Special Features/Garden and Outbuildings:
• Intercom at pedestrian gate.
• Driveways and parking: 4 vehicles undercover and 6 vehicles for off-street parking.
• Two driveways under stylish modern overhead concrete columns. First driveway for two single garages with space for 3 off-street parking. Second driveway for double garage also with space for at least another 3 off-street parking. Double garage: With 3 fireproof self-closing doors.
1. One door to the adjacent domestic room.
2. Second door to scullery area for close convenient grocery offloading.
3. Third door to hallway and stairs.
• Quality spacious 4 doors built-in cupboards with shelving and three drawers. Small door entrance to the storage area for spare tiles and houses the pump and filter for the front door water feature. Double single garages. With 1 fireproof self-closing door to the hallway and stairs. These garages include a sizeable workshop area with natural light and abundant floor-to-ceiling cupboards with 6 drawers and storage space of varying sizes. Outside all the garages there are grids and drainage pipes installed to ensure that stormwater is diverted away from the garage's doors.
• South entry north-facing. A private retreat in a treed close with a wonderful country feel. An amphitheatre of perimeter trees and mountain views. Quiet road with only 16 houses - reduced traffic noise. Corner erf for an enhanced feeling of space. Proclaimed public open space at the end of Urmarah Close only really known by and used by Urmarah residents.
• This is not a speculative development. Only materials of outstanding quality have been used in construction. 14mpa quality clay bricks were used for the house.
• All windows and sliding doors in this house are with heavy-duty powder-coated aluminium profiles and hence very low maintenance.
• All glass throughout the house is safety glass and the south-facing double volume windows are double glazed to minimize cold ingress.
• The double garage also houses the BATTERY BACKUP for LOADSHEDDING with a high-end Victron Inverter 3000va and Pylontech US 3000 Lithium-ion battery.
• Staff quarters/teen pad. Smaller room with limited built-in cupboards, desk and has underfloor heating. Large sliding window - faces south with good views. En suite bathroom with walk-in shower/glass wall and quartz top vanity - Hans Grohe accessories and underfloor heating. Could be an ideal room for an older teenager at university.
• Separate gardener's shower suite.
• The exterior door leads to a fruit tree lane with olive, pear, lemon, peach, lime, mango, plums, and apple trees.
• 32mm Cherrywood treads including landing area (same wood as ledge around the fireplace, kitchen nook, formal lounge shelves, and bar countertops). Wall downlights every second step.
• Stairs steel balustrading was designed to complement the design of the chandeliers
• The main distribution board feeds the pump room and secondary distribution board in the linen cupboard upstairs
• Pump room houses all the water purification systems for borehole and house usage – off the grid.
a) CCTV camera facing down to the corner of Urmarah and Hermina is a potent deterrent to suspect vehicles entering the cul-de-sac.
b) 8 x CCTV CAMERAS are covering all aspects of the property and both adjoining streets with 3 x MONITORS distributed through the house where you can view them(never felt comfortable with the monitor being in a distant guardhouse).
c) Boundary wall is lit up at night and is covered with a very unwelcoming thorn hedge.
d) Driveway gates have welded sections to prevent lifting off the track and the gate motors have anti-theft brackets.
e) There are 3 x ELECTRIC FENCE ENERGISERS- a double energiser in the double garage covering the south wall and part of the east wall and the other covering rest of the east wall and north wall. The remaining single energizer in the other garage covers the West wall. Everything is also connected to the alarm system and activation will notify you on your cellphone.
f) There are 16 x PASSIVE INFRARED SENSORS distributed strategically throughout the house which if activated will send identification to your cellphone
g) And to compliment all the above ADT and SRT regularly patrol the street- especially at night.