The old Telles de Melo Palace is located in Alfama, the oldest and one of the most typical neighbourhoods of Lisbon. Built between 1636 and 1712, this Palace is next to the old "Porta da Cruz" that was part of the 1383 Fernandina Fence of the City, over which the Palace was built. The Palace remained in the Telles de Melo family until about 1880 after that a part of the Palace was rented to install the school of the Dominican Sisters of Saint Catherine of Siena. In 1888 the Palace was bought by José Maria do Espírito Santo Silva, who divided it internally in house parts to rent to several families. The Espírito Santo Silva family passed the Palace to horizontal property and sold the resulting fractions in 1983. The property occupies the entire second floor of the Palace and has wide antique pine floors, pine box ceilings, original 18th century waxed shutters in exotic wood, some walls with tiles, front and side views of the river through 11 balconies with iron balconies, original from the beginning of the 18th century, and two windows. The apartment has five living rooms, six bedrooms, two kitchens, garden with heated swimming pool (10mX4m) and jacuzzi. In the space that currently serves as garage we also find the room of the old chapel, an interior room, a bathroom, an outdoor patio with 26 m2, and the area of the old biscuit oven, prior to the construction of the Palace.