Inside a beautiful historic 14th-century villa, near Fiesole and only 8 km from the historic center of Florence, apartment for sale. The property has been completely renovated and is located on the main floor of the building (in addition to the loft and private cellar): the elegant living area has luxury finishes and there are a total of four rooms. The condominium garden (7,000 sqm) offers a pleasant green corner in which to relax in peace.
The services are available in the nearby town (400 m) and can be easily reached on foot. The villa is located halfway between Fiesole and the historic center of Florence. Florence airport is about half an hour away by car.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The apartment (255 sqm - 2,744 sqft) is located on the first floor of the villa and is reached either via a monumental stone staircase (featuring beautiful frescoes on the walls and ceilings) or by taking a convenient elevator that connects all the floors of the building.
From the condominium landing, the main door opens onto an entrance hall with staircase and cloakroom. Right in front of the door, one can enter the living area of the apartment consisting of a spacious dining room with guest bathroom, a generous frescoed reception hall, a kitchen with breakfast area and a small, very private TV room. From the entrance on the left, one then gain access to the sleeping area made up of a master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, a bedroom with bathroom in the corridor and a private office space with bedroom in the gallery. Back to the entrance, a staircase leads up to the mezzanine level, where there is a hallway overlooking the dining room and leading to the fourth bedroom and also to a small private laundry (with bathroom).
Descending in the basement from the ground floor of the villa one can find, crossing a joint-ownership hallway, a spacious private cellar (30 sqm - 323 sqft), ideal as a storage area.
The flat has been finely renovated to preserve its stunning manorial features. The floors are covered with an original inlaid parquet, perfectly preserved and cleaned, while the ceilings, especially in the living area, are high and skillfully frescoed with neoclassical decorations and brick vaults that betray the villa's older origins.
HISTORY OF THE VILLA
The villa was built between the 14th and 15th centuries on top of a small hill between Florence and Fiesole. Commissioned by the Gualtierotti family, the villa passed through the hands of illustrious families for more than three centuries: in the 15th century the owners were the Nasi, the building then passed in the 17th century first to the Durazzini and then to the Pistolesi, to arrive in the mid-18th century to Moisè Velo di Malachia. From then on, the changes of ownership became more and more frequent and today the villa is divided into five apartments. The building still shows the 16th-century remodeling on the lower levels, while the top floor with the loggia was added between 1910 and 1913 when the then owners decided to further raise the villa.
Outside, the villa is surrounded by an elegant joint-ownership English-style park (over 7,000 sqm) that includes monumental specimens of Atlas cedar and several olive trees. A small private plot of land is currently used as a vegetable garden but could be converted into a convenient private lawn in which to relax on hot summer days.
The park is characterized by wrought-iron decorations and gates, lamps and railings in typical early 20th-century Art Nouveau style.