A rare opportunity to acquire a private and secure luxurious contemporary home in the sought-after Avenues of Constantia Upper. Set on an elevated level 3834m2 landscaped garden with established trees and water-wise foliage enjoying optimal privacy and security this magnificent contemporary home was custom designed by the present owner and architecturally renovated by renowned architect Ben Kotlowitz to embrace the breath-taking north-facing mountain and Constantia Valley views.
Enjoy life to the full with clean open lines which encompass a family room, informal and formal dining areas, formal and informal lounges and a custom-designed kitchen. The living spaces flow effortlessly through floor to ceiling frameless glass doors to an expansive stunning north-facing timber pool deck from which to enjoy the magnificent sunsets.
This unique property boasts 5 luxurious bedroom suites, the 5th of which is a self-contained flat/guest suite or carer room with a separate entrance. This home highlights a cinema room, a wine cellar with cloakroom, a magnificent indoor/outdoor entertainment room flowing seamlessly to the expansive timber pool deck with rim-flow pool, pebble fireplaces, bespoke American walnut carpentry throughout, high-end sanitary ware, floating steps to the first floor and porcelain tiled flooring in all reception areas to name but a few. Your peace of mind is assured by state-of-the-art security systems. No compromise has been made on quality, comfort and style throughout.
Within proximity to some of the country's most celebrated wine estates, golf courses, top tier schools, shopping centres and a selection of world-class restaurants as well as stunning greenbelt walking trails a stone's throw away.
• Covered portico with pebbled fountain feature on either side.
• Custom designed American walnut floor to ceiling swivel door to the entrance foyer.
• Cinema room off the entrance foyer.
• Open plan informal dining and family room with pebble fireplace with extractor and stone-clad feature wall. Floor to ceiling doors to the pool deck, rim-flow pool and garden.
• Interleading formal dining room and lounge.
• Dining area with floor to ceiling stack back doors to the indoor/outdoor entertainment room. Access via a staircase to the basement wine cellar with a cloakroom.
• Expansive indoor/outdoor entertainment room with lounging and dining areas, prep basin. Fronted on two sides by floor to ceiling stack back doors to the pool deck with a rim-flow pool.
• Lounge with pebble gas fireplace and floor to ceiling glass windows and sliding wood doors decked braai patio.
• Fully equipped large work from a home office with access from a private courtyard. Lift to first-floor main suite.
• Pyjama lounge with pebble fireplace and TV point and sliders to the stunning view balcony
• A separate study with a built-in desk.
• A gym with sliders to a Juliet balcony.
• Storeroom. Access to the 5th bedroom/guest suite or carer's room
Kitchen: Simple and classic with clean simple lines.
• Custom designed with high gloss soft-touch built-in cupboards with Caesarstone worktops.
• Breakfast counter with gas and electric hob.
• Two Siemens eye level ovens and pull-out warming drawers.
• Integrated fridge and freezer.
• Scullery with built-in cupboards and two basins.
• Separate pantry with built-in cupboards. Fridge/freezer.
• Laundry room with shelving and basin. Door to private courtyard.
• Central vacuum system.
• Direct access to the garages.
Bedrooms 5 and Bathrooms 5.5
3 Luxurious double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms
• Bedroom corridor with linen cupboards
• All bedrooms carpeted and bathrooms tiled.
• Bedroom one: with sliders to the timber pool deck. Built-in cupboards, dressing room with mirror front cupboard doors. Full en suite with glass shower, double vanity, heated towel rail and separate toilet.
• Bedroom Two: with built-in cupboards and a built-in desk. Sliders to the timber pool deck. Full ensuite with bath, glass shower, vanity, heated towel rail.
• Bedroom three: with built-in cupboards and drawers with TV point. Full en suite with shower, bath, vanity, toilet, and heated towel rail.
First floor: 2
• Floating stairs to the first floor accessed from the bedroom corridor. Skylight.
• Pyjama lounge with sliders to balcony.
• Interleading full equipped study
• Gym with TV point. Sliders to Juliet balcony and door to the storeroom.
• Luxurious main suite with a TV unit, aircon, sliders to the stunning view balcony overlooking the pool deck with rim-flow pool garden to mountains. Magnificent dressing room with copious built-in cupboards a selection with mirror fronted doors, a central island with drawers and plenty of clothes hanging space. Full en suite with marble tiled floor, steam room, separate toilet and bidet, double vanity, shower and freestanding bath. Door to the balcony.
• Option 5th bedroom/guest room or carer's room with tea station and shower suite. Accessed from the first-floor gym or entry stairway from the ground floor.
Garden/Exterior Buildings and Special Features:
• Guardhouse with a cloakroom at the entry.
• Auto entry sliders with intercom.
• Large forecourt for parking up to eight extra vehicles.
• Double garage and single garage with auto roll-up doors with direct entry into the house. Copious storage built-in cupboards for, DV boards, batteries for the invertor and central vacuum system.
• High-end aluminium window and door frames.
• Pond feature at the front door.
• Timber wood deck and balcony.
• Timber rafter feature ceilings
• Storeroom for gas cylinders.
• Storeroom for pool pump.
• Feature stone cladding walls.
• Rim flow pool with timber pool deck.
• Storeroom off the paved driveway with cloakroom. Access door to the wine cellar.
• Excellent security with security beams and CCTV cameras surrounds the entire perimeter protecting the proximity of the house. Linked to ADT.