An exceptional six bedroom Grade II listed property with sea views across the Solent.
Mariners is one of the oldest houses on Queens Road, built in around 1824 for King George IV's Surgeon General, which allowed the King to be attended by his doctor when staying in Cowes. The property is Listed, Grade II and retains a wide array of original features and was substantially extended in around 2001 to provide versatile accommodation that serves as a useful and spacious addition to the elegant accommodation of the original house, (with the potential of creating a self-contained annex if desired). In all the property extends to about 5,048 square feet (469 meters squared). There are fine, unobstructed sea views across the Solent to the Hampshire Coast from the principal rooms and parts of the garden, whilst the house also benefits from a driveway providing parking for several cars in addition to a double garage.Mariners also benefits from attractive, secluded gardens, including lawned gardens to both the front and rear, in addition to south and west facing terraces. In all about 0.32 acres..This 6-bedroom, 5 Bathroom property provides spacious accommodation together with several reception rooms for entertaining. All the rooms are of good proportions and retain many of their original features.
The unrivalled location within the Conservation Area is about 200m from the Royal Yacht Squadron and benefits from superb views of the yacht racing off Cowes as well as other shipping activity on The Solent. The town's amenities are just a short walk away, including a good range of restaurants and shops and world-renowned sailing facilities. Frequent fast passenger ferry services run to Southampton, (crossing in 23 minutes) with onward connections to rail services to London Waterloo and Southampton airport