READY TO VIEW
We are excited to launch this exquisite new development situated in the heart of the Cathedral City of Canterbury, The Old Brewery Mews.
Help to Buy available
The property was occupied from 1880 by John E Wilthiers, a Stonemason who later became a firm of builders contractors until 2002 when they ceased to trade. A large wooden industrial building sat in the courtyard linked by connecting platforms. The old steel ties still evident in the yard and on Hawkes Lane have the initial JW still from the time of this occupation
Prior to this as evidenced by the fireplaces uncovered the properties were historically a row of terraced houses from which the current names are now derived (with some poetic licence). Carters' house was the old drying shed for wood from Wiltshiers work and prior to this a Fire Station housing the horse drawn carriages. From a survey of 1873 by Lieutenant W Wayne of St Margaret's Parish in which the building sits, it's possible to see the house numbers at that time and that the courtyard was at this time larger with an access from Jewry Lane.
The streets around this area from the 1500's were indeed very colourful with the local hops providing both employment and beer! It was situated next to the London Inn destroyed in World War 11.
"I live at the City of London Inn and am the Landlady. On Saturday afternoon about ½ past 5 the prisoners came to my house and paid for a bed. They gave me half a crown ..I have not seen them handling matches." C A Best Landlady
The houses have been named after the trades or names of some of the historic occupants.
Percy William Jestico 1940 a soldier
This quaint home is the perfect holiday home, or let.
A spacious open plan lounge/kitchen/diner, with spiral staircase to the first floor.
The first floor offers the principle bedroom, bathroom and study/guest room.
Kitchen/Dining Room 3.94 x 3.46
Living Room 4.24 x 2.42
Bedroom 1 3.50 x 2.90
Study/Bedroom 2 2.60 x 1.85
Bathroom 3.50 x 1.00
Floor Plan is subject to changes
Kitchens & utility
• Individually designed high specification kitchen furniture with soft close doors and drawers
• LED feature strip lighting to underside of wall cabinets
• inset sink with mixer taps
• integrated quality appliances
• Space for washing machine & dryers
• Stone worktops with upstands
• Porcelain floor tiling
• Individually designed high specification Sanitaryware
• electric heated towel ladder radiators
• Porcelain wall & floor tiles to selected areas
Heating and Hot Water
• Attractive Alpha double Column radiators
• Supply and fit Worcester Bosch 2000 25KW high efficiency combination boiler and required flues.
Electrical and Lighting Installations
• low-energy LED recessed downlights and low-energy pendant lights (where applicable)
• metal switches and sockets
• USB socket to most rooms
Home Entertainment and Communications
• Fibre-optic cables to each home deliver superfast internet connection with CAT5 ethernet sockets in selected rooms
• Telephone points to selected rooms.
• Quality paint work throughout
• Luxury carpet to bedrooms
• Engineered wood flooring
• Porcelain floor tiles to kitchen/dining/family room, utility room and WC (where applicable)
• Resin bound driveway
• Black basalt sets
• Bin & Bike store with key pad codes
Ark 10 year building warranty to all properties
• solid wood Sapele doors
• White solid timber glazed windows
• Triple glazed rooflights (where applicable)
• Cast iron /aluminium rainwater goods
Refuse & Cycle Storage
• Common bin and bike store to 1 and 2 bed houses
Peace of Mind and Safety
• 10 year insurance-backed warranty under the Ark Buildmark Warranty Scheme
• Mains fed (with battery back-up) smoke detectors to hallways and landings
• Mains fed (with battery back-up) heat detector to kitchens
External Communal Areas
• Black granite Block paving and landscaping to communal areas
• Resin driveway
The specifications of all our homes are correct at the date of going to press but may be subject to change as necessary and without notice. Enhance choices available will vary across homes and developments, all are subject to stage of construction. Please ask for more information.