The Plantation, is located on one of the highest points of the island and sits just outside of Apes Hill Club, on Hole #2 of the Golf Course.
Apes Hill Plantation dates back to the mid 1600's when the plantation had another storey that was unfortunately blown off in the hurricane of 1681. The home today has 4 bedrooms and 2 and a half bathrooms and benefits from the cooling Tradewinds which makes air-conditioning a luxury and not a necessity.
The main house is all on one floor except for the kitchen and laundry which are downstairs. The thick rubble walls keep the house cool in the hottest of days.
Two other homes are on the property. One is the old Boiling House, which is an 8,000sq ft, 2-bedroom house and the other is a studio apartment which sits amongst the grove of Mahogany Trees in the paddock.
There are a few other old buildings on the property that lend themselves to being converted as well.
There are 2 old Mill Walls here as well. One is the old wind mill that worked until 1939, and was then converted into a white lime kiln. The other is a water mill and is the only one like it on the island.
The home is furnished with beautiful antiques and can be sold furnished.