Magnificent and beautifully presented detached residence dating back to 1920. Coming to the market for the first time in 20 years with spacious accommodation and many original features still on display, this five bedroomed detached residence, set on a large plot, must be seen to be fully appreciated. The accommodation over three floors comprises entrance porch, reception hall, sitting room, dining room, snug, ground floor shower room, side porch/boot room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility to the ground floor. To the first floor there are four double bedrooms, cloakroom and family bathroom. To the Second Floor there is an extensive loft bedroom enjoying panoramic views over the city and a walk-in storage cupboard. The home has double glazing and gas central heating.
Field Park Road is located in a highly desirable residential area close to the city centre of Newport and within walking distance of Newport train station. The property is within the catchment area for several primary and secondary schools and there are nearby healthcare facilities. As you would expect from a bustling city, there are a large selection of local and national stores, restaurants and public houses in the centre and the surrounding areas offer some fantastic quirky cafes, artisan bakeries, deli's and independent stores.
The city is home to many parks and recreational facilities, locally there are great walks in Jews Wood, Ridgeway (home to The Café at Ridgeway) and Belle Vue Park and other facilities including a tennis clubs, a riding school, nature reserve and there is easy access to several nearby golf courses including the Celtic Manor Resort.PORCH
- A solid oak door with leaded glass panel above leads to the Entrance Porch with original quarry tiled flooring, side facing leaded glass double glazed panels, tiled walls to waist level, French doors with original stained glass panels allow access to:RECEPTION HALL
- A beautiful, spacious entrance area with maple wood block flooring, radiator, understairs storage, decorative papered ceilings and coving in-keeping with the period of the house, and Lincrusta wall accents. Staircase to first floor. Access off reception hall to the following:SITTING ROOM
- 6.61m x 4.85m - A spacious and light reception room with front and side facing double glazed bay windows, two vertical wall radiators, beautiful replica antique fireplace with inset coal effect electric fire and brushed steel surround, decorative ceiling and coving.DINING ROOM
- 4.50 x 4.45m - Another good sized reception room with fitted carpet, front facing double glazed bay window, replica decorative brushed steel fireplace with inset coal effect electric fire and alcoves to either side, radiator, decorative ceiling and coving.SNUG
- 5.22m x 4.15m - A lovely cosy room with original parquet flooring, radiator, side and rear facing double glazed windows, decorative ceiling and coving, feature replica antique brushed steel fireplace with inset coal effect electric fire and decorative ceramic tiled surround, alcove to one side, built in storage cupboard housing the electric meter. Side facing double glazed window.GROUND FLOOR SHOWER ROOM
- With ceramic tiled walls and flooring, ceiling downlighters, spiral chrome towel radiator, steam shower enclosure, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, wc with enclosed cistern and side facing leaded glass double glazed window.SIDE PORCH / BOOT ROOM
- Side facing double glazed door, half tiled walls and original quarry tiled flooring.KITCHEN / BREAKFAST ROOM
- 5.87m x 4.15m - A beautiful, light and airy room with maple flooring, rear facing double glazed patio doors and window, white shaker style kitchen comprising wall and base units with roll edge granite effect work surfaces, glass fronted display cabinet, concealed lighting, 1.5 bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, ceramic tiling to splashbacks. Integrated oven and five burner gas hob with chimney extractor over and steel back plate, plumbing for dishwasher, central island unit with matching worktop, integrated cupboards and drawers and two seater breakfast bar at one end. Two radiators, cupboard housing gas boiler. Doorway adjoins:UTILITY ROOM
- 2.81m x 2.06m - Maple flooring, side facing double glazed French doors and window, fitted wall and base units matching the kitchen with granite effect roll edge work surfaces, 2nd wall mounted gas boiler, plumbing for washing machine, radiator, stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, tiling to splashbacks.Stairs to FIRST FLOOR and GALLERIED LANDING
- Staircase with original decorative balustrade and central runner to a spacious galleried landing area with decorative ceiling, picture rail and coving, beautiful side facing stained glass windows, radiator and staircase to second floor. Access at first floor level to:BEDROOM ONE
- 5.66m x 4.12m - A large double bedroom with fitted carpet, decorative ceiling, coving and picture rail, radiator, front and side facing double glazed leaded glass windows enjoying lovely views.BEDROOM TWO
- 4.50m x 4.45m - Another large double room with fitted carpet, front facing leaded glass double glazed window also enjoying views, fitted wardrobe and radiator.BEDROOM THREE
- 4.64m x 4.15m - A double room currently used as a hobby room with rear facing sash window, side facing leaded glass double glazed window, radiator and picture rail.BEDROOM FOUR / STUDY
- 4.15m x 4.12m - Currently utilised as a home office though could be used as a further double bedroom if required, fitted carpet, rear facing double glazed window, fitted wardrobes, picture rail and radiator.CLOAKROOM
- Ceramic tiled walls to shoulder height, side facing leaded glass double glazed window, cushion flooring, wash hand basin and wc.WALK IN STORAGE CUPBOARD
- With shelving and hanging space, side facing leaded glass double glazed window.FAMILY BATHROOM
- Ceramic tiling to floor, walls and splashbacks, bath with main shower over and side screen, pedestal wash hand basin, wc, chrome towel radiator, separate radiator, rear facing sash window, chrome wall toiletry unit and pine doored airing cupboard.STAIRS to the SECOND FLOOR
- Staircase with carpet runner to second floor landing with eaves storage area and side facing leaded glass double glazed window. Access to:WALK IN STORAGE CUPBOARD
- With shelving and hanging space, side facing leaded glass double glazed window, loft access point.BEDROOM FIVE
- 7.24m x 4.80m - An extensive loft bedroom currently used as a home gym having reinforced flooring, fitted carpet, two radiators, eaves storage, side facing leaded glass double glazed window enjoying panoramic views over the city.Outside
- This substantial plot has a brick built wall to the front elevation with pedestrian gated access and double gates leading to the drive. There are lawns to both sides and at the front, with an array of mature shrubs and trees. The generous block pavior driveway, with space for four cars and a turning point fronts a car port.
At the opposite side of the house to the car port there are steps up to a side patio with access to the house. The garden from here leads to the rear which has a good size composite shed with double doors, power and light.
There is also an extensive rear decked area for entertaining that has a heavily planted border to one side. Outbuildings comprise:- good size lockable workshop with workbench and Belfast sink with tap over and side facing window and a separate lockable garden store.
Please make sure you have viewed all of the marketing material to avoid any unnecessary physical appointments. Pay particular attention to the floorplan, dimensions, video (if there is one) as well as the location marker.
In order to offer flexible appointment times, we have a team of dedicated Viewings Specialists who will show you around. Whilst they know as much as possible about each property, in-depth questions may be better directed towards the Sales Team in the office.
If you would rather a ‘virtual viewing’ where one of the team shows you the property via a live streaming service, please just let us know.
We offer free Market Appraisals or Sales Advice Meetings without obligation. Find out how our award winning service can help you achieve the best possible result in the sale of your property.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.