A few kilometres far from the Tuscan coast and from the renowned Chianti area, estate with 234 hectares of land for sale between the green hills of Maremma.
Dating back to the XVI Century, the hamlet has been fully restored and it is composed of a farmhouse, currently used as owner’s house and partially for rental business activity, an oil mill and a small church. The property boasts also a winery and some farm buildings in need of restoration. Building cubage can be increased.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The estate boasts a total surface of about 2,500 sqm and within it there are nine apartments, two independent farmhouse portions and a guest house.
The U-shaped farmhouse hosts an octagonal well in its centre. On the ground floor there are a large sitting room, a professional kitchen, a laundry room and toilet. Each apartment is composed of a living area with kitchenette, a bedroom and a bathroom, with the exception of two apartments, one with two bedrooms and one with three bedrooms.
- Apartment N°1: living area with fireplace and kitchenette, bedroom, bathroom and terrace;
- Apartment N°2: living area with fireplace and kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom;
- Apartment N°3: living area with kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom;
- Apartment N°4: living area with fireplace and kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom;
- Apartment N°5: living area with fireplace, kitchen, bedroom, studio and bathroom;
- Apartment N°6: living area with fireplace, kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom;
- Apartment N°7: living area with kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom;
- Apartment N°8: living area with kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom;
- Apartment N°9: living area with kitchenette and closet, three bedrooms and bathroom.
The wings of the farmhouse are currently used as owners’ apartments.
- Apartment N°10: living room with fireplace, sitting room, kitchen, three bedrooms and three bathrooms;
- Apartment N°11: living room with fireplace, hallway with studio, three bedrooms, two bathrooms and terrace.
The guest house is laid out onto two floors:
- Ground floor: living room, kitchen, closet, bedroom, two bathrooms;
- First floor: three bedrooms, bathroom and sitting room, ideal also as bedroom.
Within the property there are a pool with solarium and also a private lake for game fishing.
Thanks to its hilly position just twenty kilometres from the sea, property land boasts a mild and windy weather. The complex is surrounded by 115 hectares of land.
The olive grove (40 ha) is made up of 4,800 trees (often centuries-old) planted at the corner of 11 x 11 squares. Varieties are Moraiolo, Leccino and Correggiolo and the grove can produce up to 700 quintals of extra-virgin oil per year.
The vineyard (2 ha) is located in a valley between two hills and includes vines of Sangiovese, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. The estimated yearly production of grapes is around 100 quintals with a currently annual potential of around 10,000 bottles of wine.
A newly built rural annex designed for the vinification and the grape storage is located next to the vineyard, with a wide loading and unloading area. The large area for the vinification hosts a storage, a lab, a workshop, toilet and a carport of 100 square metres.
Thanks to the soil fertility and the flat position, there is also the possibility to increase the vineyard in the 19 hectares of irrigated arable land and in the 26 hectares of nut tree plantation.
The property is completed by 35 hectares of arable land and 90 hectares of wood with cork oaks, coppiced wood and grazing land.
USE AND POTENTIAL USES
Investing in the wine industry should be possible increasing the grape production through the conversion of the irrigated arable land and the nut tree plantation to vineyard. The farming is currently based on the rental business activity and on the olive oil production (current average income is € 120,000 per year).
Thanks to the buildings in need of renovation, it is possible to enlarge up to 6,000 cubic metres for residential use or up to 45,000 cubic metres for a creation of a resort.