Video available on request
This converted, historic Klaasenbosch Winery, dating back to 1790, is one of the original buildings in the Constantia Valley. The interior has been remodelled by the present owner boasting European finishes with African tones and exceptional indoor-outdoor flow, ensuring a level of comfort and style suited to a modern lifestyle.
Set on 2 949m2 grounds with a spectacular mountain backdrop and accessed through a double-gated entryway, this secure, unique home offers large reception areas, spacious bedrooms with simple, clean lines, and an expansive garden full of lush vegetation and mature trees.
The grand formal lounge includes a designer bar and fireplace with a reclaimed, solid tongue and groove wooden feature, a double-volume, vaulted ceiling and three sets of doors that open to a private, sun-filled interior courtyard with a pond. Up the staircase, is a mezzanine study/loft room with a shower room that overlooks the formal lounge.
A billiard room and formal dining room lead into each other from the formal lounge, with stacked doors that open to the garden.
Just off the formal lounge, an informal dining/TV lounge with built-in seating and shelving, a closed combustion fireplace and fold-back doors open to the private, covered pool patio with an outdoor fireplace.
This unique property boasts four bedrooms with the option to expand to seven. The luxurious main suite is incredibly spacious and opens via stacked doors to a private conservatory with a temperature-controlled indoor pool. It includes a two-way closed combustion fireplace surrounded by built-in shelving, a private gym and a full bathroom with a standalone bath, two vanities with basins and a large walk-in shower, as well as double dressing rooms, which can be converted into two additional bedrooms.
Special features include exterior traditional vat doors, screed and cement finishes, wooden beams, soft touch cupboards, feature shelving throughout, large picture windows, glass stacked doors and French doors that allow natural light to flood the home.
Two separate garden cottages offer en suite bathrooms and dressing rooms, perfect for teenagers, guests or to run as an Airbnb. Additional features include separate staff accommodation and garaging for three cars.
• Traditional wine vat doors open to the double-volume entrance hall which opens via stacked glass doors to the sun-filled interior courtyard
• An enormous double-volume formal lounge with an open vaulted ceiling, a large fireplace with a dramatic reclaimed wood feature wall and a designer built-in bar. Three sets of double glass doors open to the sun-filled interior courtyard, perfect for alfresco dining
• The billiard room flows from the formal lounge and features open shelving.
• Access to the main bedroom wing's entrance hall with a sitting area which opens via stacked doors to the interior courtyard
• Sliding doors to the interleading formal dining room with French doors to the pool patio
• The comfortable, casual dine-in sitting/TV room with a closed combustion fireplace and built-in seating areas form the heart of the home. Glass stacked doors open to the covered entertainment patio, pool area and lush garden
• Mezzanine-level study or versatile bedroom with shower en suite accessed from the formal lounge or separate entrance from an outside staircase
• Accessed from the entry pathway via large double wine vat doors
• Gourmet kitchen with built-in cabinetry, Smeg gas hob and double eye-level oven
• The bar counter is open to the casual dining and family/TV room
• Cement countertops and soft touch cupboards with built-in wine racks
• Separate scullery with space for two appliances
• Separate outside laundry room
Bedrooms 2 (expandable to 4) and Bathrooms 3
• Stacked doors in the bedroom wing's entrance passage open to the interior courtyard
• A luxurious main suite with built-in cupboards, a double dressing room, a lounge area, and a two-way fireplace open to a conservatory with a private temperature-controlled pool via sliding glass doors. The en suite with a freestanding bath opens to a private courtyard
• Two dressing rooms with wardrobes easily revert to two bedrooms with a dedicated full bathroom. One with a two-way fireplace and a door to the main suite
• A large guest bedroom with an en suite and dressing area is situated just off the entrance hall and opens to the courtyard through French doors
• A private gym is accessible from the main bedroom or guest bedroom
• Two separate beautifully finished garden cottages with dressing rooms and en suite bathrooms. Perfect for teenagers or as an income-generating option
Garden, Exterior Buildings and Special Features:
• Large, stone-paved interior courtyard with Mondo grass and fishpond
• Underfloor heating in the dressing rooms and bathrooms
• Exterior laundry/ironing room with a stainless steel tub, which leads to two adjoining storerooms and a drying yard
• Two staff rooms, each with a bathroom and a separate room with a kitchenette.
• A third staff room abuts the laundry room
• The storeroom is in an enclosed yard
• Outdoor pool with solar-panel heating and separate trough-style fountain
• Three garages with parking area
• Lush, borehole-irrigated garden
• Borehole filtration to the house
• A full security system which includes an alarm as well as interior and perimeter beams