Elegant and prestigious apartment located on the first floor of Palazzo Ginnasi in the center of one of Rome's most important historical and archaeological areas.
The construction of the "Ginnasi di Castel Bolognese" building, an illustrious family part of the Roman nobility, which started under Monsignor Alessandro Ginnasi at the end of the sixteenth century on a project by Ottavio Mascherino. In 1610 the medieval church of S. Lucia was incorporated by the Cardinal and Bishop of Ostia Domenico Ginnasi. Between 1629 and 1630, the property expanded including the Crypta Balbi, and two other buildings connected with the famous "dei Ginnasi" arch and a nearby monastery.
In 1938 this area was partially demolished and rebuilt based on a project designed by the architect Milani.
The Gentilizia Chapel was rebuilt inside the new building, and represents an element of great importance. Various types of precious marbles, sculptures, paintings and frescoes by several artists, including Caterina Ginnasi, as well as Giuliano Finelli (a pupil of Bernini) create an ensemble of exceptional value.
The apartment occupies the entire first floor and has three exposures, one on via Arco de' Ginnasi, the second Via delle Botteghe Oscure and the third on Largo Argentina. The property consists of a large entrance hall, a long gallery (perfect for collectors) a double living room with four windows, two bedrooms, one bathroom and an equipped kitchen. The property is renovated with quality materials, designed and marble floors. The kitchen and one bedroom overlook the Tower and the ruins of Largo Argentina. The building (which includes doorman service) is located in the center of an area of great artistic, cultural, historical and archaeological interest, close to the adjacent findings of the remains of Republican Rome, Palazzo Caetani, the Pantheon, the Church of the Gesù, the Campidoglio and the Ara Coeli.