A pied-à-terre. The New Court at Alphen comprises 17 sectional title residences that are built around a central square, adjacent to the Great Cellar on the Alphen Estate. The architecture of the development is part of the renaissance period of this historic estate and combines luxury with centuries-old charm.
This prestigious security estate offers an exclusive, lock-up-and-go lifestyle with a cosmopolitan ambience. Features include a white plastered facade, tall sash windows, arched entrances, plaster mouldings and carriage lamps reminiscent of the Old Cape architectural influence.
For your comfort and convenience, there is direct access via a private staircase from the residential underground parking to your home. Accommodation is generous, with ground-floor living areas that open to a private patio with a quaint garden. The main suite and two additional bedrooms are located on the first floor, with a large versatile loft room with a built-in desk that can be used as an office, teen pad, housekeeper's suite, guest studio, or TV and games room. The choice is yours.
Blanko Restaurant, Incognito Bar and La Belle Bistro & Bakery, all located at The Alphen Boutique Hotel, are right at your doorstep with convenient dining options for any time of the day.
This is truly an excellent investment and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy this unique blend of contemporary luxury and historic elegance.
• Entrance hall with a guest cloakroom and a door to three underground parking bays and a storeroom.
• Open-plan lounge and dining room with French doors that open to the undercover patio, leading to a beautifully landscaped garden.
• Breakfast bar with Caesarstone worktops between the family room and kitchen.
• Versatile loft room 4th bedroom/studio/study on the third level, with built-in desks, carpets, high dormer ceilings with two skylights, air conditioner, two roof storerooms and kitchenette unit with a stainless-steel bowl. The shower suite and French doors lead to a private balcony with north-facing views.
• Open plan with large serving hatch to the dining room and ducoed cupboards with Caesarstone worktops.
• Siemens undercounter oven and glass hob with stainless steel extractor fan.
• Stainless steel prep bowl.
• Separate laundry/scullery area with Caesarstone countertops.
• Double stainless steel sink.
• Plumbed for a washing machine/dishwasher, with space for a tumble dryer.
Bedrooms (3)option 4/loft room and Bathrooms (4.5)
All bedrooms are carpeted and bathrooms are tiled.
• Main bedroom with en suite, dressing room and French doors to a balcony overlooking the terraced garden. The en suite is a full bathroom with double vanity, bath, shower, toilet and heated towel rail.
• Second bedroom with built-in cupboards and a shower en suite.
• Third bedroom with built-in cupboards.
• Full family bathroom with bath, shower, toilet, vanity and heated towel rail.
• Shower suite with vanity and toilet in the loft room.
Exterior Buildings and Special Features
• Entry patio.
• Storage cupboard off the entrance hall with electricity board.
• Built-in linen cupboards on bedroom wing landing.
• A filtration system on taps.
• 5 kW inverter.
• Air conditioner in loft room for heating and cooling.
• Underfloor heating.
• An intercom on each of the three levels.
• Three basement parking bays (numbers 16, 58 and 59) and a storeroom.
• Large entertainment patio off the living rooms with pergola and store with Caesarstone worktop.
• A charming little garden around the paved outside area.
• Magnificent communal garden.
• 24hr security within the seven-acre estate.
As a joint owner of this sprawling seven-acre estate, a monthly levy is payable to the Body Corporate for services rendered.
The levy covers the following:
• The maintenance of the private road (residential area only).
• Private open space (residential area only).
• Road cleaning (residential area only).
• Stormwater management, pavements, and sidewalks (residential area only).
• Security guards and guardhouse (Costs shared with the hotel and office sections).
• Maintenance of the extractor fan systems in the underground areas (which is negligible). There is a standby generator for it and emergency lighting, but minimal servicing is required as it rarely switches on.
• Gardens and fountain in a residential area, occasional repairing of units (outside), accounts and management cost to co-managing the Body Corporate.