Walk-through video available on request
An inviting driveway flanked by lush vegetation leads you to a haven of peace and tranquillity. A cascade of views from the sea to the valley and mountains can be found on this cherished picturesque property. The characterful thatch home is enhanced by its lead paned and large sash windows, American wood-engineered and Batavian tiled flooring, and wood-burning fireplaces. The heart of the home is the dine-in kitchen with two dining areas, which flows into a delightful paved central courtyard. Five large sash windows overlook the driveway entry and garden. The reception areas include an entry foyer with a skylight, a lounge with an open beam and American fold-back doors to a sunroom. It's a great place to relax and enjoy the views of the 4212m2 garden with pool, walking paths and sheltered sitting areas. The property is filled with established trees, clivia, lilies, and agapanthus, and is beautifully maintained with abundant borehole water with an auto irrigation system. An additional benefit is the three garages with auto doors and a separate flatlet or guest cottage with a loft room, shower suite, kitchenette and living area. Also, it's a great outside room/staff quarters that you can get to from the garages or by its entrance.
The street entry manned guardhouse and the property's security systems ensure your peace of mind.
Excellent location for filming and is close to Constantia amenities, Virgin Active Gym and Constantia sports grounds with tennis courts, cricket grounds, bowling greens and easy access to a variety of stunning walking trails.
Westlake Golf Course and some of the country's most celebrated wine estates, namely Constantia Uitsig, Groot Constantia, Klein Constantia and Buitenverwachting are nearby. World-class restaurants such as Chef's Warehouse at Beau Constantia, Constantia Glen, La Colombe, Jonkershuis and Bistro Sixteen82 at Steenberg are on the doorstep.
You are spoilt with a selection of coffee shops as well as High Constantia and Constantia Village, Constantia Emporium and High Constantia Shopping Centres just a few minutes away. Top-tier schools in the area include Springfield Convent, Constantia Waldorf, Reddam House and The American International School.
• Entry foyer with skylight
• Lounge with pitched roof with exposed beams under thatch. American stacked doors open to the large all seasons enclosed all-season veranda/sunroom
• Magnificent sunroom with skylight and fold-back doors overlooking the pool, lush garden and beyond
• TV room/study with parquet flooring, built-in bookshelves and cupboards. Wood-burning fireplace and feature lead-paned windows
• Two dining areas in the dine-in kitchen
• Thoughtfully designed. The hub of the home has two dining areas American oak wood-engineered floorings and exposed sleeper trusses and five large sash windows overlooking the entry driveway and garden creating an inviting space for family gatherings and entertaining guests. Space for a 12-seater dining table
• Built-in cupboards with wooden worktops
• AGA stove with extractor fan
• Wooden burning fireplace with brick feature surround and wood storage
• Adjacent scullery and laundry with built-in cupboards and double stainless-steel sinks
• Door to a charming private courtyard
Bedrooms: 5 Bathrooms: 5
Upstairs: 2 en suites
A wooden staircase leads you up to two generously proportioned bedrooms.
• Guest cloakroom
• Luxurious main bedroom with parquet flooring. French doors to the expansive private balcony embracing magnificent, valley sea and mountain views and views over the garden. Outside staircase to the driveway entry. Full en suite bathroom with parquet flooring, bath, shower, double vanity, and toilet
• Study/nursery with parquet flooring
• Second upstairs en suite bedroom with full en suite, built-in cupboards and dresser. Large enough to convert back into two bedrooms. Study nook at bedroom entry.
Downstairs: 2 en suites
• Guest cloakroom
• Guest bedroom with shower en suite
• A second luxurious bedroom with built-in cupboards and a walk-in dressing room. French doors open to the side garden. Shower en suite with double vanity and built-in dresser. Separate toilet
Self-contained outside flatlet or teen pad with 5th en suite bedroom
• Open plan living area to the kitchenette
• Shower suite
• Loft bedroom with built-in cupboards and an open thatch
• Access to the kitchen courtyard
Outbuildings and Special features:
• Automated gates with intercom
• Paved driveway with ample driveway space
• Three garages
• Staff accommodation
• Pool salt chlorinated. Resurfaced 1.5 m and 1.6 m deep
• Borehole with irrigation
• Computerized irrigation system
• Feature lead paned and teak windows
• Lush garden boasting a host of sheltered sitting areas and pathways with a pool and paved area
• Magnificent mountain, valley, and sea views
• Independent security system
• Guardhouse at the entrance to Gemini Way with the 24-hour street patrol for the entire road. Approx R2300pm for this additional security