Video and plans available on request
EXCLUSIVE SOLE MANDATE. Please contact Grant Trompeter or Ashley Barnes to arrange a viewing
‘Skylands' offers a private and secure retreat, set on over two acres of land, that exudes traditional charm. This picturesque property with its mountain backdrop is perfect for relaxation and entertaining guests. Alfresco dining can be enjoyed on the broad vine and star jasmine-clad pergola-covered terraces and patios which offer spectacular valley, mountain and sea vistas and overlook the rim flow pool and lush garden.
Situated in the prestigious Embassy Belt of Constantia Upper and surrounded by stunning scenery, the property enjoys unobstructed views and includes two storeys of living space. A sweeping, paved driveway, bordered by well-tended geraniums and gardens, leads one up to an elegant, stately thatched home in a magnificent, elevated position.
The ground floor boasts generously-scaled reception rooms which include:
• a formal lounge with a fireplace and sliding doors to the terrace with a vine-clad pergola, and an interleading, cosy reading room with a fireplace, built-in cupboards and bookshelves
• an open-plan, gourmet, eat-in kitchen to family room with a bay window and French doors to a breakfast terrace
• a formal dining room with a built-in dresser and cupboards on either side of the fireplace and French doors to a private patio
• a fully-fitted home office with copious built-in solid wood cupboards, a worktop with a prep basin, an office desk and a lounging area with outside access from the driveway and the house.
Three double bedrooms are located on the ground level, enjoying their private lounge with a fireplace and French doors to a private courtyard with a fountain feature. A guest cloakroom, storage rooms, laundry and walk-in pantry are located just off the passage.
On the upper level are two generously proportioned bedrooms. The luxurious main suite includes a reading room and en suite bathroom with marble finishings and a door to a private, covered balcony that embraces the picturesque views. Three sets of sliding doors open to the wrap-around balcony.
Bespoke finishes include high ceilings, moulded cornices, bespoke light fittings throughout, large picture windows, sliding doors, Cherry and Maple wood built-in cupboards, slate flooring, wallpapered walls and paint technique cupboards, a generator for electricity backup and borehole with three tanks and a filtration system to the house. The home offers the perfect combination of luxury, convenience and comfort.
Extra features are the outside guest suite and entertainment room with a built-in bar and sliding doors to the pool terrace, garden areas filled with roses, star jasmine, geraniums, lemon and grapefruit trees, and fountains as well as a clay court with thatched gazebo, two garages, and parking for ten additional cars. Two staff rooms are also included.
Your safety is assured by the state-of-the-art security systems, beams, electric fencing and a guard house at the entry to the property.
Situated in an excellent location for filming, this home is close to Constantia amenities, Virgin Active Gym and Constantia sports grounds with tennis courts, cricket grounds, bowling greens and easy access to a variety of stunning walking trails and Kirstenbosch gardens.
Westlake Golf Course and some of the country's most celebrated wine estates, namely Constantia Uitsig, Groot Constantia, Klein Constantia and Buitenverwachting are nearby. World-class restaurants such as Chef's Warehouse at Beau Constantia, Constantia Glen, La Colombe, Jonkershuis and Bistro Sixteen82 at Steenberg are on its doorstep.
You are spoilt with a selection of coffee shops as well as High Constantia and Constantia Village, Constantia Emporium and High Constantia Shopping Centres just a few minutes away. Top-tier schools in the area include Springfield Convent, Constantia Waldorf, Reddam House and The American International School.
• Double-volume entrance hall with a staircase and French doors to the stunning patio
• Guest cloakroom
• Carpeted formal lounge with a fireplace and sliding doors to the vine-clad pergola patio, garden and pool terrace with rim flow pool
• Reading room/library, accessed from the lounge, with fireplace, built-in cupboards with shelving and bay window
• Carpeted family room, open plan to the kitchen with a bay window, built-in seating and French doors to patio
• Carpeted formal dining room with French doors to the private, paved courtyard with a fountain feature
• Study/home office with solid wood built-in shelving, cupboards, built-in desk and counter with prep basin, and lounge area, accessible from the passage or its private entrance
• Outside entertainment room with built-in bar and sliding doors to the pool terrace. It also has built-in cupboards, a prep basin, a ceramic hob and a bar fridge.
Kitchen: Open plan to the family room
• Built-in solid wood cupboards with granite worktops
• Feature glass-paned cupboards for glassware
• Centre island with prep basin, built-in cupboards and drawers, ceramic hob, stainless steel extractor fan and breakfast counter with seating for four
• Integrated Bosch double eye-level oven stainless-steel ovens
• Space for fridge and freezer
• Double stainless-steel basin
• Bar fridge
• Separate, large separate walk-in pantry with built-in shelving and space for a fridge and freezer
• Separate laundry room and drying yard
Bedrooms 5 and Bathrooms 4.5 (plus a separate guest suite)
Three spacious double bedrooms with a private lounge
• Lounge with pitched roof and exposed beams under the thatch, and French doors to the courtyard with a fountain feature
• Bedroom one is carpeted, with a walkthrough dressing room and shower en suite with toilet and vanity
• Bedroom two is carpeted with built-in cupboards
• Bedroom three is carpeted with built-in cupboards and large windows
• Family bathroom with a bath, vanity, and toilet
Two en suite bedrooms, accessible off the entrance hall via a carpeted staircase with a wooden balustrade
• Luxurious main suite with a dressing room, abutting reading room, fireplace and three sets of sliding doors that open to the wrap-around balcony. The en suite bathroom offers marble finishings, two vanities, a toilet and bidet, and a door to a private, covered balcony
• Second bedroom with full en suite, walkthrough dressing room, built-in dressing table and cupboards, and sliders to the balcony
• Steam room
• Ample roof storage area which includes an additional second storage room with built-in shelving and hanging space
Outside guest suite
Abutting the entertainment room.
• Spacious guest room with exposed beam ceiling, shelving, built-in cupboards, shower suite and sauna
• Sliding doors to the pool terrace
Special Features/Outbuildings and Garden
• Driveway entry with intercom, guard house and automated gates
• Service gate
• Garaging for two cars and ten additional parking bays
• Fire retardant thatch. Firehose and pump included for emergencies.
• Two staff suites with built-in cupboards. One with shower en suite and the other with a kitchenette and bath
• Borehole with a copious water supply and three water storage tanks, one of which has a water filtration system which feeds the house, allowing for an off-the-grid water supply. Automatic irrigation system.
• Generator electricity backup
• The tranquil, borehole-watered garden boasts a rose garden, lemon and grapefruit trees and a beautiful country garden with star jasmine and rose creeper and vine-clad pergolas. Fountain features and lawned walkways feature delightful seating areas to take in the views and bask in the early morning or afternoon sunshine. Thoughtful landscaping has created an outdoor oasis that celebrates each season with a wonderful mix of annual and perennial shrubs and trees
• Security: Guardhouse. Beams, cameras, access control and safe zones. 24-hour monitored CCTV. Heavy-duty wrought iron gate and perimeter electric fencing.