An imposing four bedroom detached Victorian property situated in a plot of approx. 2.9 acres and benefitting from two paddocks.
Blackrock Farmhouse has been a key part of the Lydney Park Estate since the mid 19th Century. This substantial Victorian property,
built from local quarried stone, is situated on the outskirts of town in an elevated position that affords stunning far reaching views over the Severn Vale in a southerly direction.
The house has an abundance of character. Large well proportioned accommodation and high ceilings create a wonderful sense of space whilst the double aspect of the principal rooms allows natural daylight to flood throughout.
There are three spacious reception rooms and four large double bedrooms, a generous utility room/scullery. The cellar serves as an excellent cool room and useful storage space. The garden surrounding the house is level and easy to manage. The remainder of the ground lies to the west and is divided into separately fenced paddocks, extending to approximately two acres. Blackrock Farmhouse represents an opportunity to not only own a substantial period house with land, but also to remain close to the facilities of the town.
Lydney offers a wide range of facilities with many shops, a bank, building society and supermarkets as well as a sports centre, golf course, primary and secondary schools. A wider range of leisure facilities are also available throughout the Forest of Dean including further golf courses, leisure centres, two cinemas and an abundance of woodland and river walks.
The Severn crossings and M4 toward London, Bristol and Cardiff are easily reached from this area along with the cities of Gloucester and Cheltenham for access onto the M5 and the Midlands. Lydney and Gloucester also benefit from train stations giving excellent access throughout the country.
- Entered via front door and having stairs to first floor, doors leading off, wooden flooring.DRAWING ROOM
- 14'0 x 13'0 (4.27m x 3.96m) - Having sash bay window to front aspect, sash window to side aspect, feature fireplace with wood burner inset, wooden flooring.SITTING ROOM
- 28'9 x 13'11[max] (8.76m x 4.24m[max]) - A light and airy room with sash bay window to front aspect, further sash and bay window to side aspect, feature open fireplace, wooden flooring.CLOAKROOM
- Having window to the rear aspect, low level WC, wash hand basin.REAR PORCH
- With door giving access to the rear, tiled flooring.FAMILY ROOM
- 13'11" x 11'11" (4.24m x 3.63m) - Having open fireplace, sash window to side aspect, slate tiled floor, opening to kitchen/dining room.KITCHEN / DINING ROOM
- 22'4 x 11'10 (6.81m x 3.61m) - Having a range of base and eye level units with granite worktops and ceramic sink, integrated dishwasher, fridge/freezer and built-in wine fridge, coloured Rangemaster cooker with matching splash-back and extractor hood, sash window to front and side aspects, slate tiled floor, ample space for dining table, door to:UTILITY ROOM
- 17'0" x 8'11" (5.18m x 2.72m) - A good sized space with window to the side aspect, door to the side aspect giving access to the rear of the property.
FIRST FLOORGALLERIED LANDING
- With sash window to the front aspect, access to the loft space, doors leading off to the bedrooms and bathroom.MASTER BEDROOM
- 15'5" x 14'0" (4.7m x 4.27m) - Sash windows to the front, radiator, coved ceiling, door through to:EN-SUITE BATHROOM
- 9'10" x 8'3" (3m x 2.51m) - Being fitted with freestanding oval bath, walk in shower with glass enclosure with overhead rain shower, low level WC, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled walls and floor, sash window to the side aspect.BEDROOM TWO
- 14'0" x 12'11" (4.27m x 3.94m) - Having sash windows to the front and side aspects, coved ceiling, radiator.BEDROOMTHREE
- 22'5" x 11'11" (6.83m x 3.63m) - Having windows to both side aspects, built in wardrobes, radiator.BEDROOM FOUR
- 12'0" x 10'9" (3.66m x 3.28m) - Having feature fireplace, sash window to the side aspect overlooking the paddocks, radiator, coved ceiling.FAMILY BATHROOM
- 12'5" x 9'10" [max] (3.78m x 3m [max]) - A spacious room with modern white suite comprising panelled bath, step in shower cubicle, low-level WC, wash hand basin, tiled floor, wall mounted chrome heated towel rail.Outside
- Sitting in large grounds which extend to approx. 2.9 acres. Approached from a driveway with electric gates giving access to off-road parking area. The formal gardens are laid mainly to lawn. To the side are 2 paddocks which are enclosed by post and rail fencing.
AGENT'S NOTE: Please note that Japanese knotweed had been identified historically and is under a full management plan in place with Lydney Park Estate and has NOT been seen for 3 years.
Please make sure you have viewed all of the marketing material to avoid any unnecessary physical appointments. Pay particular attention to the floorplan, dimensions, video (if there is one) as well as the location marker.
In order to offer flexible appointment times, we have a team of dedicated Viewings Specialists who will show you around. Whilst they know as much as possible about each property, in-depth questions may be better directed towards the Sales Team in the office.
If you would rather a ‘virtual viewing’ where one of the team shows you the property via a live streaming service, please just let us know.
We offer free Market Appraisals or Sales Advice Meetings without obligation. Find out how our award winning service can help you achieve the best possible result in the sale of your property.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.