Located on the Chianti Hills in the province of Florence, this 113-hectare estate is perfect for anyone looking for a high-level and well-started business. The ample size of the buildings (5,842 sqft) allows managing an excellent accommodation business together with an exquisite cellar to exploit the 15.8 hectares of vineyard to produce the world-renowned Chianti DOCG wine. Current yearly production ranges around 700 hl of wine (roughly 95,000 bottles).
Located not far from a town with all the services (5km; 10’), the property is made up of several poderi (farms), each capable of offering apartments and/or agricultural buildings. The easily reached position is a further bonus, since it allows quickly reaching the most interesting towns of Tuscany (San Gimignano, Monteriggioni, Volterra, Siena, Firenze, Montalcino, Pisa…). Even the seaside is not too far (79km). The closest airport is in Florence (57km; 45’).
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The villa (1,353 sqm – 14,558 sqft) is the main part of the property. With an irregular plan, the building is laid out onto three floors.
- Ground floor: two guest apartments, reception and offices for the business, public areas (among which the bar room), a storage room and the local for the cooking classes;
- First floor: four apartments currently used by the owners and the property’s staff, but easily convertible into further apartments for the guests;
- Second floor: storage room.
The villa boasts an ample garden on the south-west side, usable for relaxation and/or events and dinners. Since it is one of the main buildings of the property, the villa has undergone constant maintenance in recent years and is thus in excellent conditions, with well-preserved external finishes.
The cellar (913 sqm – 9,823 sqft) is located not far from the villa and is laid out onto three floors: - Ground floor: the new above-ground section is used for the concrete basins, the washing and bottling plant, the tasting room and the hygienic services for the staff. The underground section is dug out from tuff and is ideal for the wine production;
- First floor: reached via a wooden staircase, here we find a tasting room and the locals to produce Vinsanto. As for the villa, the cellar is a main part of the business and is constantly maintained and is in excellent shape.
The farmhouse N°1 (306 sqm – 3,293 sqft), located not far from the villa, is entirely used as a guest accommodation and is split into four apartments. The house is surrounded by a garden on all four sides (it can easily be used as a parking lot) and features a swimming pool.
The building is used in the hosting business and because of this it is constantly maintained, boasting excellent structural and aesthetic conditions.
Slightly downline the villa, there is farmhouse N°2 (952 sqm – 10,244 sqft) laid out onto three floors. The two lower floors are made up of storage rooms, while the upper floor is split into three apartments. The building, really simple on the outside and lacking finishes, was not properly maintained in recent years and is thus in mediocre conditions.
Northbound from the villa there is farmhouse N°3 (411 sqm – 4,422 sqft) with rural annex, made out of plastered stone and masonry. Other than the underground storage, the building houses the restaurant of the Agriturismo on the ground floor and two guest apartments on the first floor.
The building was recently restored and thus is in excellent conditions. The agricultural annex is in mediocre conditions, since the only restoration carried out involved the remaking of the covers.
The podere A (689 sqm – 7,414 sqft), located a short distance from the main complex, includes two independent buildings (the first one with exposed stones, the other with plastered walls) partially used as residence and partly as warehouse and storage rooms. The buildings are in good conditions.
Finally, podere B (1,218 sqm – 13,106 sqft) includes three more buildings. The two-story main building is in good shape and houses three apartments (two on the ground floor and a bigger one on the first floor). The other two buildings are two independent houses in need of maintenance.
The property is made up of 113.0 hectares of land. The biggest part of the property is covered in woodland (41.5 ha), followed by arable land (44.7 ha), vineyard (15.8 ha) and olive grove (11 ha). A portion of the woodland (3.3 ha) hosts a truffle ground.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
- Vineyard surface: 15.8 hectares (12,0 ha Chianti DOCG + 2,8 ha Toscana IGT + 1,0 ha Vinsanto del Chianti DOC)
- Varieties: Sangiovese (56%), Merlot (8%), Syrah (7%), Trebbiano (6%), Cabernet Sauvignon (2%), Cesanese d’Affile (2%), Colorino (2%), Grechetto (2%), Malvasia Bianca (2%), Alicante (2%), Petit Manseng (2%) and Viognier (1%)
- Altitude and exposure: 250 m asl (East / West)
- Density: 4,500 vines / ha
- Soil composition: sandy, clayish
- Yearly production: 700 hl (roughly of which is then bottled)
- Average cask wine price: € 150.00 / hl
- Workers: 1 open-ended worker + 3 fixed-term workers
- Chianti DOCG: 20,000 bottles
- Chianti Superiore DOCG: 6,000 bottles
- Toscana Rosso IGT: 12,000 – 18,000 bottles
- Toscana Bianco IGT: 5,300 bottles
- Vinsanto del Chianti DOC: 600 bottles
DETAILS ON OIL PRODUCTION
- Surface: 11.0 hectares (2,800 trees)
- Cultivar: Frantoio, Moraiolo, Leccino, Pendolino
- Altitude: 250 m asl
- Yearly production: 48.6 hl
USE AND POTENTIAL USES
The property, currently working as both an Agriturismo and a wine estate, is perfect for anyone looking for a worldwide known business. Wine production consists of prestigious and tasty wines, while the accommodation business offers numerous activities to take part both inside the buildings and outside in the land of the property, particularly suited for hiking and strolls. The fact several of the most interesting cities of Tuscany are easily reached is a further bonus, enough to attract international clients.