If you're seeking an immaculate four bedroomed detached home in a semi-rural location yet close to major road links and retailers then look no further than Arch Cottage in Nash, Newport! This original two bedroomed cottage built in the early 1900's has been lovingly extended and upgraded to now offer three bedroomed family accommodation alongside a self-contained one bedroomed ground floor annex making it an ideal option for multi-generational living. The main residence comprises:- Sitting room with two double bedrooms and family bathroom above, kitchen/diner extension with utility, cloakroom, study/office and an enclosed second staircase leading to the master bedroom suite above. The self-contained annex can be accessed from the sitting room and comprises:- Lounge, kitchen, double bedroom and en-suite shower room. The home has light oak effect UPVC double glazing throughout and LPG central heating.
Nash is a small village to the south of the city of Newport and it is home to the Newport Wetlands Reserve - the reserve was originally established in 2000 to mitigate the loss of wildlife habitat as a result of building the Cardiff Bay Barrage. The area now provides a wide variety of habitats attracting breeding birds such as lapwing, redshank, oystercatchers and plovers, the Goldcliff Lagoons in the eastern end of the reserve, is the only site in South Wales where avocet breed. Nash is also home to the East Usk Lighthouse. Village amenities include the Waterloo Inn and a Village Hall.PORCH
- A covered, decorative entrance porch with UPVC door having inset leaded glass panel and windows to either side with stone sills allows access to:-VESTIBULE
- A lovely entrance area with side facing window and stone sill, ceramic wood effect flooring, storage cupboards to one side and open plan, walk through access to:-SITTING ROOM
- 6.62m x 3.84m - This beautiful room, being the ground floor of the original cottage, has wood effect ceramic floor tiling, areas of exposed stone walling, open plan staircase to the first floor, stone chimney breast with wooded lintel and recess for a log burner, two front facing windows with stone sills and two radiators. Access off via sliding soft close barn style glazed doors to:-KITCHEN / DINER
- 7.25m x 4.80m - A large and spacious fully fitted luxury kitchen/diner with an abundance of cream coloured wall and base units topped with roll edge work surfaces, glass fronted display cabinets, Belfast sink with mixer tap over, corner induction hob with decorative canopied extractor fan over, decorative stone effect splashbacks, front and side facing windows with tiled sills, extensive storage cupboards, ceramic tiled flooring throughout, integrated dishwasher and space for an American style fridge. An additional feature of the kitchen is a large central island unit with cupboard and drawer storage with quartz work surface, integrated oven, breakfast bar seating for two. The kitchen/diner also has side access off to the carport, ceiling downlighters, an enclosed staircase to the first floor with storage beneath, two rear facing windows. Access at one side leads to:-UTILITY ROOM
- 2.53m x 2.47m - Roll edge work surface with plumbing for an automatic washing machine beneath and space for a tumble dryer, side facing window with tiled sill, ceramic tiling to floor and splashbacks, wall cupboards and ceiling downlighters.CLOAKROOM
- Ceramic tiled floor, decorative waterproof wall cladding, w/c, wash hand basin with mixer tap and vanity unit, extractor fan, ceiling downlighters and side facing window.STUDY / OFFICE
- 2.89m x 2.52m - Currently utilised for storage though would be perfect as a home office, side facing window, ceramic tiled floor and skirting boards.
Returning to the Kitchen/Diner enclosed carpeted stairs with rope handrail leads up to a spacious landing with office section and fitted wall cupboards, wood effect tiled flooring and access via French doors to the veranda seating and outdoor dinin..MASTER BEDROOM SUITE
- 4.82m x 3.44m - This large double bedroom has silver birch effect laminate flooring, large built in double wardrobe, front and side facing windows, radiator, wall mounted air conditioning unit.EN-SUITE BATHROOM
- Ceramic floor tiling, quartz effect decorative waterproof wall panelling, antique style towel radiator, jacuzzi bath with shower off mixer tap, double shower enclosure with electric shower over, wash hand basin with waterfall mixer tap and vanity unit below, w/c, corner medicine cupboard, extractor fain, rear facing window.
Returning to the main Sitting Room an open plan stairs with fitted carpet leads up to the first floor of the original cottage. The landing area here has oak effect laminate flooring and ledge/brace wooden doors allowing access to:-BEDROOM TWO
- 3.38m x 3.02m - A double bedroom with exposed ceiling beam, oak effect laminate flooring, front facing window with stone sill, radiator, built in wardrobes.BEDROOM THREE
- 2.96m x 2.94m - Another double bedroom with wood effect flooring, radiator, ceiling beam, front facing window with stone sill.FAMILY BATHROOM
- Ceramic tiling to walls and floor, chrome antique style radiator, w/c, wash hand basin, sunken 'P' shaped bath with mixer tap, side screen and mixer shower over, ceiling downlighters and rear facing window.
Returning to the ground floor Sitting Room access off to:-ANNEX
- This self-contained area comprises:-LIVING ROOM
- 4.01m x 3.77m - Ood effect tiled flooring, front facing French doors with windows to either side, mock corner chimney breast with space for an electric log burner style fire below, wooden mantel, open plan walk through to the:-KITCHEN
- Fitted cream coloured wall and base units, roll edge worksurfaces, composite sink with brass mixer tap over, mosaic tiling to splashbacks, ceiling downlighters, incorporated fridge, induction hob with extractor over and microwave.BEDROOM
- 4.19m x 2.95m - A good sized double bedroom with wood effect floor tiling, radiator, side facing window, concertina door allows access to:-EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM
- Double shower enclosure with rain shower over, w/c with enclosed cistern, wash hand basin with vanity unit, ceramic tiled walls, antique style towel radiator, extractor fan, wall mounted mirrored medicine cupboard.Outside
- Approached off West Nash Road via a country lane Arch Cottage is accessed via powered wrought iron gates leading to a large brick pavior driveway and covered car port - the roof of which provides a lovely veranda seating and outdoor dining area with ceramic tiled floor and surrounding glass balustrade which is accessed via French doors off the master suite and offers wonderful views. The home has surrounding walling with decorative wrought iron fencing over and further manual wrought iron gates allowing access to an extensive, rectangular side garden. The property is surrounded by flat open farmland enjoying wonderful views.
Please make sure you have viewed all of the marketing material to avoid any unnecessary physical appointments. Pay particular attention to the floorplan, dimensions, video (if there is one) as well as the location marker.
In order to offer flexible appointment times, we have a team of dedicated Viewings Specialists who will show you around. Whilst they know as much as possible about each property, in-depth questions may be better directed towards the Sales Team in the office.
If you would rather a ‘virtual viewing’ where one of the team shows you the property via a live streaming service, please just let us know.
We offer free Market Appraisals or Sales Advice Meetings without obligation. Find out how our award winning service can help you achieve the best possible result in the sale of your property.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.